The Application Production Support Manager is responsible for the technical leadership of the team supporting the relevant business line(s). Responsibilities include driving Level 1 and/or 2 production support activities for assigned applications within a designated support group. A support group will consist of multiple applications supporting multiple business lines. Manager is responsible for ensuring 24x7 application coverage which includes managing resources in multiple locations. Function as the key escalation point for declared Incidents requiring technical expertise and or subject matter expertise of the applications to ensure timely restoration of services. Work closely with the Level 3 support teams to ensure timely escalation of incidents. In addition, candidate will be responsible for developing and creating formal resource plans to ensure 24x7 coverage. Candidate must have excellent communication skills in order to prepare and present root cause details and monthly reporting to Sr. Managers. This position is in support of the Investment Operations business line.
location: Boston/Jersey City, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $150,000 - 165,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Management / Team Supervision
- Provide direction, guidance, and support to the staff including the management off-shore consultants to ensure resources are properly trained and workloads are properly managed.
- Manage application support service level agreements and produce metrics in support of results and analyzes results to identify trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Responsible for ensuring support team utilize the ITSM processes around Incident, Problem and Change Management. Ensure that the team knows how to utilize the BCC and when to alert the business community.
- Oversee total customer satisfaction by ensuring responsiveness, flexibility and follow-through with all requests.
- Focus on client's perspective and needs by setting and meeting expectations and deadlines.
- Utilize metrics to identify trends and service improvement opportunities. Present meaningful insights to influence the agenda and get the right projects prioritized that will improve stability, performance and resiliency.
- Manage and coordinate efforts around Event Management.
- Manage and coordinate troubleshooting efforts to resolve application outage in a timely manner.
- Communicate status of research to interested parties and ensure documentation is up to date.
- Manage the Post Mortem discussions and write ups surrounding Critical and High Events.
- Responsible for ensuring team resources adhere to the Incident Management process to ensure a timely triage, handling, resolution and restoring of services.
- Partner with Application and Business Managers in creating Post Mortem discussions and documentation for Incidents.
- Lead discussions with various system areas on defining and implementing proper system health and performance reviews per assigned applications. Includes but not limited to, metrics, SLA's, alerts, error notifications, hardware and application response times for core application components and processes.
- Leveraged as an expert to assist with the progressive lifecycle of a problem until resolved.
- Ensure the integrity and accuracy of information associated with problems (and/or System Defects) are appropriately logged in the central repository by team members.
- Manage the facilitation of Root Cause Analysis (RCA) efforts (ensuring proper prioritization of problems, identification and validation of RCA findings) and document and identify work-arounds.
- Ensure timely update of problem records and appropriate follow up to drive problem remediation.
- Engage in the development process to ensure that supportability, monitorability, maintainability are all built into applications.
- Oversee change process within the business server area. Review and approve changes on behalf of GPM to ensure changes are ready for implementation, knowledge transfer has occurred and appropriate application documentation is in place.
- Become the GPM technical SME for the suite of products that support the business line.
- Drive automation efforts to improve the efficiency and productivity of the team.
- Learn the applications and the ecosystems in order to provide the optimal levels of service.
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science and/or related work experience.
- 10+ years of Financial Services industry experience (Preferably level 2/3 System Support or have a Development background) and/or 7+ years of Experience and Understanding of SQL/PL SQL in ORACLE and SQLServer
- 7+ years of Experience and Knowledgeable of Java, C++, Visual Basic, Unix and any other specified or required programming languages
- 7+ years of experience in a supervisory/manager role
- Experience with Incident Management tools like ServiceNow
- Experience with Splunk or similar tools
- Understands the Business: Understands and learns all necessary components of businesses supported from a functional and technical perspective; actively seeks out knowledge; is inquisitive and curious around aspects that need greater understanding; understands individual client needs based on the distinct business and how to support them
- Decision Quality: Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; makes sound decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgment; is sought out by others for advice and solutions; ensures clients are appraised of latest situation at all times
- Dealing with Trouble: Is looked to for direction in a crisis, energized by tough challenges; is calm under pressure; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; good at focused listening; can find common ground and settle disagreements equitably
- Getting Organized: Can orchestrate multiple activities at once to get issue resolved; uses resources effectively and efficiently; arranges information in a way easily understood by others; accurately scopes our length and difficulty of issues and breaks down work into steps to reach resolution
- Effective Communication: Ability to synthesize information quickly and translate this into clear, concise information that is then shared with the client; can tailor the message to meet the client requirements
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.