User Research Specialist focused on Hardware needed for remote Contract Opportunity with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA.
Are you curious about how people interact with games and technology? Do you excel in storytelling with data? Our client is seeking a researcher with a passion for generating consumer insights to help drive the development of world-class entertainment hardware and experiences. You will be joining a unique team known for pioneering and institutionalizing the adaptation of psychological research methods to games and the entertainment industry.
In this position, you'll help research the needs, wants, and expectations of the customers to help inform the hardware they create for their entertainment platforms.
Apply today to join this influential and established team of inter-disciplinary user researchers.
- An advanced degree (Master's or Ph.D.) in behavioral or social sciences, such as psychology, human-computer interaction, human factors, sociology, anthropology or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience designing, executing, and explaining high quality mixed-method research about people.
- The ability to synthesize study findings across multiple methods.
- The ability to quickly and effectively analyze and present data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- A love of entertainment and any or all kinds of gaming (mobile/tablet, PC, console, board games, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience in hardware research or human factors research is highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience developing creative approaches to researching multifaceted user experience problems.
- Demonstrated experience working independently with cross-functional stakeholders at all stages of the research lifecycle (design, execution, delivering results).
- Expertise in one or more research methods (e.g., survey, usability, fieldwork, interviewing, etc.) with experience applying those methods to product development.
location: REDMOND, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 47 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Independently engage with stakeholders to understand product goals, timelines, and strategies
- Design and execute appropriate research activities to answer relevant hardware design and/or business questions through leveraging and triangulating both qualitative and quantitative methods (observation, interviews, ethnography, surveys, lab studies, comfort testing, etc.).
- Provide your design teams with research context, perspective, and recommendations on what will make our products and services both useful and delightful.
- Communicate research findings through persuasive, compelling written reports and presentations.
- Bring a wide range of both established and innovative research methods to your work.
- Contribute your research and perspective to different parts of the product design cycle, from planning to implementation to post-release.
- Partner with other researchers across a diverse team.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.