The Sr. Security Technical Analyst is a newly created role within the Cybersecurity team. The individual will be responsible for evaluating and implementing products and procedures to enhance overall Cybersecurity effectiveness. Providing direct support to the business and IT staff on security related issues and operational response. This is a great opportunity to experience, evaluate and deploy the latest cybersecurity technologies to create multi-layered defenses.
location: Jersey City, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $125,000 - 145,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Ideal Candidate would be able to lead at least two of the following areas with some exposure to third area:
- Evaluate, implement, and support products and procedures to enhance Cyber security
- Research emerging security products, services, protocols, and standards, in support of security development and enhancement efforts.
- Provide consultation to the business on security policies and issues.
- Represent the security needs of the organization by providing security expertise and assistance on all IT projects.
- Develop and oversee the enforcement of IT security policies, guidelines, standards, and procedures.
- Partner with system owners to ensure the integrity, availability and confidentiality of information residing in corporate databases, workstations, servers or being transmitted over the network.
- Provide log analysis, real-time intrusion analysis, incident response, and security monitoring using a wide array of industry leading tools and technologies
- Review requests for changes to systems and evaluate the impact to security.
- Hands on engineering experience with or relative experience of the following technologies:
- Firewalls (Application and Traditional)
- Proxy Servers
- Load Balancers
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Remote Access / VPN Technologies
- Endpoint Anti-Virus, Detection, and Response Tools
- SIEM Solutions
- Scripting Solutions and Tool Specific languages (i.e. Python, Yara, SPL)
- Experience with industry information security standards and practices, including applicable laws related to data privacy and protection.
- Experience with operating platforms, database and sub-system platforms and products.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, while meeting deadlines.
- strong interpersonal skills and a self-starter
- Bachelor's degree in systems or related discipline required.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), a plus or other Security certifications are beneficial.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.