User Research Specialist on Accessibility needed for remote Contract role with Randstad Technologies client in Redmond, WA
Are you curious about how people interact with games and technology? Do you excel in storytelling with data? Our client is seeking a researcher with a passion for generating consumer insights to help drive the development of world-class entertainment games and experiences. You will be joining a unique team known for pioneering and institutionalizing the adaptation of psychological research methods to games and the entertainment industry.
In this position, you'll help research the needs, wants, and expectations of the customers to help inform the accessibility of the content we create for their entertainment platforms. In addition to standard survey and usability work, you will place a strong focus on generating foundational research in the accessibility space.
Apply today to join this influential and established team of inter-disciplinary user researchers.
**Please include a writing sample with applications.
- Demonstrated experience in (or knowledge of) evaluating the accessibility needs of user experience designs.
- An advanced degree (Master's or Ph.D.) in behavioral or social sciences, such as psychology, occupational therapy, human factors, sociology, anthropology or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Demonstrated experience designing, executing, and explaining high quality mixed-method research about people.
- The ability to quickly and effectively analyze and present data.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- strong organizational skills for managing multiple projects with diverse research needs.
- A love of entertainment and any or all kinds of gaming (mobile/tablet, PC, console, board games, etc.).
- Expertise in long-form writing, e.g., articles for academic/industry journals or literature reviews.
- Experience in constructing, analyzing, and interpreting survey data.
- Ability to generate foundational research about multifaceted user experience problems.
- Ability to thrive in high-change environments, both in terms of stakeholders and product spaces.
- Demonstrated interest in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives.
location: REDMOND, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 47 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Partner with a project lead to understand accessibility goals and strategies for a wide variety of products.
- Design and execute appropriate research activities to answer relevant design and/or business questions through leveraging and triangulating both qualitative and quantitative methods (observation, interviews, ethnography, surveys, lab studies, instrumentation, etc.).
- Provide your design teams with research context, perspective, and recommendations on what will make our products and services both useful and delightful.
- Communicate research findings through persuasive, compelling written reports and presentations.
- Bring a wide range of both established and innovative research methods to your work.
- Contribute your research and perspective to different parts of the product design cycle, from planning to implementation to post-release.
- Partner with other researchers across a diverse team.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Masters
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.