Lead, execute and assist with application production support activities with specific focus on the functional and technical features of assigned applications. Serve as an escalation point and reference for new members of a growing support team. Share the responsibility for performance, reliability and optimization for all areas of assigned applications with other members of assigned shift. Function as an experienced escalation contact for the organization on all production issues and requests during assigned shift. Will work with team's technical specialists for additional support when required to supplement and expand knowledge. Provide assistance with root cause analysis on incidents that impact the reliability, accuracy and efficiency of applications. In addition, candidate will be responsible for updating existing documentation, including regular formal reporting on system performance and health. Serve as a backup for the Application Production Support Sr.
location: Boston/Jersey City, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Incident, Error and Business Management
- Assist Production Support Team in triage of application Incidents. Based on experience and analysis will use discretion on creating short term solutions to restore service.
- Lead Incident Management efforts which includes management of the Incident ticket, communication to interested parties and timely escalation and communication of issues
- Serve as an application expert for Business requests and inquiries to ensure a timely response to business needs and questions regarding the use and capabilities of the assigned application
- Modify daily support team tasks as needed to keep up with a changing and dynamic environment.
- Serve as an escalation point for any abnormal activity or issues identified during the monitoring process.
- Participate or when needed lead efforts around Event Management
- Lead troubleshooting analysis efforts to resolve application outages in a timely manner
- Responsible for communicating the status of research to Production Support team members and other interested parties which may include Sr. business representatives.
- Develop unit test cases and/or execute test cases based on project needs
- Provide implementation support including but not limited to code deployment and feature verification
Education level and/or relevant experience(s):
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science or Business degree with related work experience. Advanced MS degree preferred
- 5-7+ years of Financial Services industry experience (Preferably Application Support)
- Excellent Communication Skills
- strong analytical and logical thinking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Proven ability to operate independently
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Attention to detail
- Experience writing technical specifications, preferably at a financial services company (not mandatory but a plus)
- ITIL Foundation Certification (not mandatory but a plus)
- Experience in using Industry tools like ServiceNow for tracking Incidents and Problems (not mandatory but a plus)
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.