Our client is looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to join our team in developing our next title. The successful candidate will have expert knowledge in the design, implementation, optimization and support of large gameplay systems and be a self-motivated, energetic team player with a healthy work ethic and cooperative attitude.
*Position based in Austin, TX. Will consider remote.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Work with the Lead Gameplay Engineer, producers, designers and artists to design and plan gameplay and online features from conception to completion.
- Prototype, build and maintain gameplay systems and features
- Identify and implement platform specific optimizations to gameplay systems
- Work on other game systems and features as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5+ years game industry programming experience
- Substantial work on at least one shipped AAA game title
- Excellent knowledge of C++
- Experience with animation systems and an eye for quality
- Solid architecture and software design ability
- Writes clear, maintainable, portable code
- Experience with multithreaded and real-time systems a plus
- Expertise with network and online features a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
- Interpersonal skills and problem solving ability
- Accurately estimates schedules and delivers high quality work products to that schedule
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a great work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.