Client's DXT Strategy & Delivery organization is looking for a creative and self-driven Senior Android Developer / Software Engineer to join our agile culture. Qualified developers will have an opportunity to work on an array of challenging problems in the customer mobile application space having a direct impact on the day to day experiences of both our field workers and customers alike.
Workers at this level manage sprint backlog tasks in application areas of specialization, with minimal supervision. They are leaders in Android development concepts and best practices. They identify problems, collaborate on solutions, and take actions to resolve. Sr Developers innovative and advanced the mobile application, they work closely with our Lead Software Engineer to enhance the overall quality, design, development, and deployment of our products, services, and pipeline.
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline as well as 5-7 years as an IT Application Developer with an emphasis on Android development.
Job-specific knowledge, skills, or abilities:
- Full stack Android development (clean code practices, custom views, Jetpack Compose, creation of AAR libraries, refactoring, unit testing and debugging)
- Familiarity of SOLID principles and Android Lifecycle
- Effective communication skills, ability to work well with others having differing priorities/views/goals than your own; to meet your goals.
- Demonstrated success in complex problem solving and an understanding of quality delivery
- Experience with GIT and Subversion
- Prior usage of Kotlin including scope and extension functions
- Experience with Java cloud native APIs
- Exposure to Modern Architecture familiarity with Jetpack, ROOM, ViewModel, DataBinding/ ViewBinding, Jetpack Compose, and Jetpack Navigation
- Familiarity with Jira
- Experience with Retrofit and RESTFUL API and prior use of a Concourse Pipeline
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $59 - 69 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Creates, maintains, supports, and enhances Android applications based on product backlog priorities as part of a durable product team
- Researches, evaluates, and implements new technology to optimize efficiency and usability
- Maintains records to document system and programming development and revisions
- Applies iterative development to continuously deliver value through frequent deployments
- Ensures adherence to appropriate design, coding, and cybersecurity standards
- Participates in design and code walk-thru as necessary
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.