Randstad Technologies is seeking a skilled Business Analyst for a contract role in Seattle, WA. If you are ready to join a leader in the Retail and Technology space, please apply and Randstad will be more than happy to assist in helping you land your next role. We look forward to speaking with you!
location: SEATTLE, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $55 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Understand all requirements associated with a new EPIC or Initiative.
- Work with Product Manager/Owner and Sr Developers/Leads on documenting requirements associated with a particular initiative or EPIC.
- Develop and maintain functional specifications or "How to Use This Feature" documentation (when appropriate).
- Manage and lead the requirements gathering sessions.
- Create and refine detailed User Stories consistent with the High Level Requirements noted in the associated EPIC.
- Refine Stories as needed so that they have required detailed to be actioned by the full scrum team.
- Elicit and document ticket dependencies, ensuring that information is tagged correctly and captured in the Dependency Huddle board.
- Ensure all stories meet the agreed "Definition of Ready" before being taken into sprint planning session
- Note: for Critical tickets brought in mid sprint, analyze and refine ticket to mitigate risk of ticket issues
- Contribute to work estimates as appropriate so that sprint planning is effective.
- Maintain a "healthy" backlog consistent with agreed upon targets for INTL. (Q22021=1 sprint ahead, Q32021=2 sprints ahead)
- Manage and lead the ticket refinement process.
- Facilitate necessary conversations with teams outside of INTL, ensuring necessary tickets are created to address the requirements.
- Facilitate meetings with third parties as required to ensure the work is progressing in such a way as to meet overall EPIC or Project timelines.
- Ensure cross team collaboration is occurring as needed and that any blockers are resolved or escalated as appropriate to keep the work progressing.
- Close out as required and per agreed prioritization (set by the Product Manager/Owner) any outstanding issues that exist post go-live i.e How-To documents
- Help ensure a continual process improvement focus exists across the team, supporting an environment of experimentation and new practice trials.
- Ensure consistency with lulu's INTL common practices.
- Contribute to and lead Process Improvement activities as appropriate and per PI roadmap plans, etc.
- Partner with peer Business Analysts to share and leverage lessons learned, fostering a PI culture at all times.
- Partner with QA's to ensure acceptance criteria is clearly noted in the associated test plans
- When applicable work with QA's to create test cases and ensure they can be linked back to requirements
- When applicable, ensure third party information is up-to-date related to scheduled maintenance windows/planned outages:
- When applicable, ensure third party contact/issue resolution information is up-to-date: INTL - Third Party Services / Vendor contacts & Escalation
- Review initial Business 'EPIC' requirements as part of pre planning and carry out detailed analysis in order to determine solution and specific stakeholder requirements
- Analyze platform and functionality along with facilitating as needed discussions with UX, Engineering and external teams (CoE, SRE, Analytics) in order to determine solution requirements, dependencies and risks
- Communicate findings to Product Manager nd support the updating of EPIC details and initial creation of user stories based on this analysis
- During quarterly planning provide QA and Engineering teams with details of analysis as needed in order to support the team in providing as accurate a LOE as possible given available information
- For any assumptions made for new business requirements, clarify and confirm assumptions with the SME stakeholder group and/or conduct the analysis required to confirm the assumption is accurate
- Support the Scrum Master in creation of intake requests for external teams as needed
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.