- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build solid working relationships with peers and clients across multiple lines of business
- strong analytical skills and capacity to extend knowledge base
- Excellent written, verbal communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of many, if not most, aspects of an enterprise technology architecture patterns
- Knowledge of data, information, architecture principles and processes
- Understanding and knowledge of system development life cycle methodologies (such as waterfall, agile software development, rapid prototyping, incremental, synchronize and stabilize, and DevOps)
- Understanding and working knowledge of IT standards and controls
- Experience with implementing applications that are cloud native and micro-service based
- Experience with Implementing Enterprise Architecture Frameworks best practices
- Comfortable in a lead capacity and communicating with varied audiences
- Ability to influence without having direct authority
- Ability to function effectively in the absence of detailed information
- Ability to understand key business/organization requirements, drivers, constraints and map these to tools, technologies, and strategies that provide solutions to meet business needs
- Ability to mediate opposing viewpoints, negotiate equitable solutions and drive consensus via trade-off analysis to ensure successful and sustainable outcome
- Prior Solution Architect experience supporting enterprise scale .NET and / or other n-tier web based, micro service products/solutions on-prem and on cloud
location: Remote, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $145,000 - 165,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Scope of Responsibilities Include:
- Build and lead the IT architecture capability for the enterprise. Stays on top of technology trends and has a forward-looking view of new capabilities to drive value and competitive advantage for all stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain IT application road maps and life cycle management for core business applications based on IT Strategy and Roadmap.
- Work with IT peers to analyze enterprise business context (business strategy and trends), as well as change requirements in other enterprise architecture viewpoints (such as business, information and solution) to drive the technology architecture future state. This includes defining the requirements, architectural principles, guidelines and models that guide technology decisions for the enterprise.
- Understand technology trends and the practical application of existing, new and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Drive digital innovation by leveraging innovative new technologies and approaches to revise, extend, and transform the existing core technology base and IT estate.
- Define high-level migration plans to address the gaps between the current and future state, in sync with the IT budgeting or other capital planning processes.
- Lead the analysis of the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for improvement. In addition, lead the analysis of technology industry and market trends to determine their potential impact on the enterprise as well as on the enterprise technology architecture.
- Assist with designing the governance, assurance and standards activities associated with ensuring enterprise technology architecture compliance.
- Provides technical leadership and oversight of technology / vendor selection process to ensure aligned with business and technology strategy. Collaborates with varying levels of IT and business resources during project planning and execution of architecture/technology decisions, escalations and risk management
- Lead strategic design/scoping activities and support the implementation of solutions in alignment with enterprise architecture goals and objectives
- Participate/assist in Architecture review activities and in the definition and maintenance of the architectural direction
- Establish and communicate architectural design policies and standards for enterprise-wide solutions/software
- Identify, evaluate and recommend competitive and/or new alternative technologies and products which further the enterprise application and data strategy
- Guide and assist application architects, technical leads, developers in using appropriate and applicable software design patterns as well as technical acceptability of System Blueprints
- Lead/guide other application architects, data Architects and developers in detailed system design initiatives
- Undertake system reviews at key milestones to ensure systems are designed and deployed to the prescribed system blueprint and reference architecture models
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information