location: Novi, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Test Automation Architect will help build and lead our next generation Cloud Platform Test Automation & Continuous Testing Framework. This is a senior position reporting to Director of Software Quality Assurance & Test Automation, leading new and existing Test Automation initiatives, with globally distributed team members.
- Design, implement & roll out the test automation frameworks for Cloud Native applications and Desktop Applications
- Design and Implement test automation solutions for Web-UI, APIs, Graphical Image Comparison, scalability, high availability, performance, etc.
- Design and architect modular and reusable test automation libraries and solutions
- Lead integration of Automated Tests with CI/CD Pipeline, Test Management tool & Reporting Dashboards'
- Responsible for driving high test automation coverage & test automation goals
- Work closely with the Product QA teams to identify new automation opportunities
- Support Junior QA Engineers to accelerate test automation by training them, conducting code reviews, and solving technical issues
- Maintain and Standardize test automation execution environments
- 6+ years of Test Automation experience working on large scale programs involving Scaled Agile, DevOps, On-prem and Cloud based applications
- 3+ years working as Test Automation Architect (or similar), including proven experience of designing and implementing Automation Testing frameworks and methodology to support agile product development
- Hands on experience with Open-Source test automation frameworks and tools such as Playwright, Selenium, Appium, Robot framework, Cucumber/Gherkin, Rest Assured or equivalent web-service automation tool, Git, Jenkins, or equivalent CI/CD tools, SonarQube or equivalent code quality tool
- Experience working in a highly automated enterprise class software environment preferably of scale with thousands of tests going through a CI pipeline
- Capable of mentoring and communicating test automation best practices, coding standards, test automation strategy and tool usage
- strong knowledge and extensive experience working with product teams to develop appropriate level of automation testing (Unit, Integration, API, Smoke, System, Browser compatibility, etc.)
- Proven ability to clearly communicate at different levels and functions in organization.
- Proactive, self-motivated, and independent with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver high-quality work on tight schedules.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information