Randstad Technologies is looking to add a Manufacturing Engineer to one of our top clients in the greater Michigan area. Ideally, our client is looking for someone who is able to work with cross-functional departments with data analysis, configuration support, and engineering guidance. If you enjoy working in a highly collaborative department, please consider the following qualifications.
If you have any questions about this position, please email Lindsay DeVoney at firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
location: Holland, Michigan
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- With limited assistance from senior engineer or manager, works on individually-assigned projects to design and/or develop new processes and tooling or improvements to existing processes or tooling, utilizing engineering principles, complying with corporate policies on health, safety, and environmental equipment in regards to codes, standards, and regulations.
- Analyzes best practices and processes to minimize labor, material, and overhead costs and assure manufacturability to increase market share and profitability; provides recommendations to senior engineer or manager.
- Utilizes personal computer (PC) and keyboard/mouse to complete "make versus buy" feasibility studies and manufacturing cost analysis; electronically transmits data to Accounting, Specials Engineering, and Product Engineering for completion of financial analysis to assure best use of materials and methods in balancing manufacturing and future quality cots.
- Works with Finance to determine labor, material, and overhead costs to justify equipment and process improvements.
- Under direction of senior engineer or manager, specifies and quotes new or replacement equipment of limited complexity.
- Develops engineering detail and documentation (including drawings, Engineering Change Orders [ECOs], Requests for Expenditure [RFEs] and International Organization of Standardization [ISO]) to support tooling quotations, manufacturing processes, and cost analysis to assure all required Quality System documentation is in place and current.
- Utilizes statistical techniques, tolerance analysis, process potential studies, and other engineering techniques to assure new tooling and equipment meet specifications before quality acceptance.
- Initiates corrective action to existing processes and/or equipment to improve utilization and quality.
- Troubleshoots process and production issues on daily basis to determine processing issues and develop/implement best manufacturing solutions.
- Assists with material, print, equipment, and process issues to ensure customer orders are correct and on time.
- Works with Maintenance department members, line leaders, operators, and quality personnel to understand and fix issues with equipment, processes or materials (internal and external) supplied to process.
- Develops, maintains, and implements quality/reliability plans for major projects.
- Monitors test progress to assure compliance to specified parameters.
- Participates in and executes quality deliverables for New Product Introduction (NPI) budgets, Failure Mode Effective Analysis (FEMA) design reviews, gauging, Quality Function Deployment (QFD), and reliability goals to ensure all possible design and manufacturability issues are addressed to assure quality product.
- Maintains up-to-date, state-of-the-art knowledge in areas of manufacturing engineering methods and processes to ensure safest, most efficient production environment possible.
- Works directly with operational Total Process Management (TPM) teams to provide technical support.
- Utilizes Computer Aided Design (CAD) software to develop and design fixtures, tooling, equipment, and plant layouts.
- Assists with assembly and installation of tooling and or equipment, using power and hand tools.
- Climbs/bends/balances in manufacturing environment; lifts material/product weighing up to 60 pounds.
- Travels overnight away from corporate offices, including internationally, to customer and supplier sites, agencies, universities, and related manufacturing operations to obtain information relative to existing products, purchased parts, material selection, or manufacturing processes.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.