Performs a wide variety of electronic or electro-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications. Typically requires a minimum of 4 - 6 years of related experience. Typically requires a minimum of 4 - 6 years of related experience.
Requirements (required skills, experience, qualifications)
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Carefully works with small, sensitive components
- Intermediate+ computer skills
- Knowledge of ESD practices
- Previous work with optical components (lenses, mirrors, gratings) and systems
- Experience using inventory control software
location: San Diego, California
job type: Contract
salary: $24 - 27 per hour
work hours: 7am to 3pm
- Assembly of various sensitive optical and electronic components
- Final assembly, test, certification of measurement instruments and accessories for shipment to customers
- Safely use hand tools
- Ability to read and follow assembly documents in their entirety
- Routine inventory control
- Related administrative tasks as assigned
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.