location: ADA, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $119,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
We are looking for a Solution Architect to be the functional domain architect and solution architect for Amway's future state authentication & authorization solution for customer & ABO-facing applications.
What's special about this team:
You would be joining a team of Technology professionals that are dedicated to creating auth solutions for Amway's customers & distributors. The existing tier 1 solution is used in over 60 countries & nearly 300 global production applications across the enterprise.
Starting this year, a new future state solution will be designed and built by this team for global deployments to improve upon cost, performance, and meet new needs of the organization, such as social login, FIDO-based MFA integrations such as biometrics or device-based factors. This solution will need to meet the existing tenets of availability, reliability, scalability, security, event-driven architecture, cloud best practices, among others.
You will be reporting to the Manager of Amway ID, under Engineering & Architecture.
How you would contribute to the role:
In this role you would be responsible for facilitating solution architecture with a team of software developers responsible for the future state global auth platform. This includes design and development of the core platform, market features, enhancements, health metrics and defining key performance indicators. You will be working with other technical teams from Engineering & Architecture, Commerce, Mobile and Security.
Day to day, you would be:
- Solving business problems by applying industry best practices and standards
- Designing, building, and overseeing successful implementation of Authentication and Authorization solution capabilities to global markets
- Collaborating closely with other solution architects and technical teams to define new business features and enhancements
- Responsible for defining technical solutions outcomes and deliverables
- Learning & applying the latest industry trends in authentication & authorization.
- Ensuring that the design of the program is meeting business requirements while ensuring scalability, security, and cost efficiencies.
- Understands, communicates, and is an advocate for business and technology needs across all global Markets
- Designs architectural roadmaps for enterprise capabilities in accordance with enterprise strategies and enterprise architecture principles, partnering with product owners and technology leaders
- Identity and research innovative technology, evaluating security, performance, availability, and interoperability requirements
- Produce high level design deliverables that enable development teams to produce products, features and enhancements that are flexible, scalable, and secure.
- Reviews technical designs created by development teams and ensures its alignment with the solution architecture.
- Develop enterprise solution architecture patterns, advocate, and drive adoption of "best practices" to ensure standardization of solution designs across the enterprise
- Develop standards, patterns, best practices for reuse and acceleration
- Manages life cycle of the technology landscape - research, proof of concepts, software prototyping, vendor evaluation, compatibility tests and analysis, technology introduction, etc.
- Guides, coaches, educates and helps technology delivery teams to ensure that what they are developing adheres to the guiding principles and architectural standards
- Validate that what is being built conforms to approved designs and adjusts the solution architecture as appropriate throughout delivery
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field (e.g. Computer Science) required
- 7 years of experience in software development
- 4 years of experience as a solution architect
- 4 years of experience designing and delivering cloud-based solutions on AWS
- 3 years of architect experience designing OAuth2, OIDC, and SAML solutions
What's in it for you?
You will have the opportunity to work with the latest cloud-native technologies with AWS. Be a part of an Agile team delivering secure auth solutions for Amway that will have a measurable impact on our ABOs. This is an opportunity to build a new platform from the ground up with a team using cutting edge technologies.
This is the right fit for you if:
- You have experience and success in highly scalable & secure Cloud-Native architectures and software development and have no problems getting hands-on with technologies.
- You have extensive experience working with AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- You have experience building highly scalable and distributed global solutions.
- You have experience as a full stack software developer.
- You have experience developing rest api and event driven architectures
- You have experience with designing Oauth2, SAML and OIDC solutions
- You have experience with test automation design and principles
- You have a security focused mindset for developing & defending against various types of security attacks using AWS WAF and other defenses.
- You have robust critical thinking skills coupled with a desire for growth, to learn and to engage with peers in technical and design discussions
- You enjoy working with a team using Agile\Scrum methodologies with Sprints.
- You have experience using tools like Git-Hub, Splunk, Jira, Confluence, Slack
- You have experience leading and mentoring a global development team.
- You are experienced with leading large Technology initiatives
- You have strong customer focus on delivering high value solutions
- You have a positive infectious attitude and drive to succeed.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.