We are looking for an AV/ IT Technician for a 3-6 month contract opportunity in Nashville, TN.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- A high school education and minimum two years' experience in a technical support role.
- An Associates degree in electronics-related field is preferred.
- The role requires coordination of resources and technology to support our day to day requirements and events, ensuring all meeting and tech support requests are delivered professionally and expeditiously.
- The successful candidate will be methodical, structured and self-motivated with excellent organizational and communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and prioritize work is essential
- Advanced experience with audio visual technology (Zoom, Polycom, Extron, Biamp, Soundstructure)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills are a must.
location: Nashville, Tennessee
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 26 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Responsible for providing the highest quality of technical support and advisory services to staff including the executive team.
- This role works in a complimentary role to the New York, London and San Antonio Operations teams to support all offices globally.
- Will interact with all businesses and will be working with all of our clients existing audio visual technology (Zoom, Polycom, Extron, Biamp, Soundstructure)
- Daily walk through of all rooms to ensure expected functionality
- Ensuring prompt, courteous and appropriate response to all Nashville customer requests with a high standard of service in accordance with the SLA's for AV Support.
- Accurately record and accommodate requests and queries made to AV Support.
- Monitor and respond to messages in AV Support mailboxes.
- Schedule, test, connect and monitor video conferences using our Polycom Hardware and Zoom cloud video communication platforms.
- Respond and accommodate ad-hoc AV and conference requests.
- Contact customers to discuss, confirm and advise their video conference requirements.
- Report all service shortcomings affecting AV to the AV Operations Manager.
- Maintain personal awareness of procedures relevant to AV Support, ensuring that changes are brought to the attention of the process owner.
- Work with the Global team to assist in the diagnosis and rectification of faults to ensure that all systems are fully functional, and that equipment and system downtime are kept to a minimum and ensure complete closeout and turnover of jobs to the client or service department.
- To join and collaborate within the weekly global AV Services meetings
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information