Who we are looking for
Looking for an experienced Senior Windows Systems Engineer to support our IMS WEST Windows Server Team. This position is responsible for the deployment and maintenance of Active Directory, Windows server, and virtual infrastructure globally.
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Convey information clearly and effectively, verbally and in written format.
- Experience in implementing and supporting Active Directory, Windows Server, and VMware Infrastructure
- The ability to work with project management teams to ensure completion of critical projects as well as be able to manage their own projects from planning to completion.
- Support change control policies
- Responsible for ensuring that the client's performance, security, user experience, reliability, availability, and all other functional and non-functional requirements are met
- Maintain system documentation, including participation of acceptance testing and validation by business units
- Able to troubleshoot infrastructure problems, perform root cause analysis (RCA), and create supporting documentation
- Must be proactive and responsive
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Proficient Windows domain management including designing/architecting implementing and managing of active directory
- Understanding of automation technologies (Powershell Scripting Puppet manager Chef etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years operational support experience.
- 5+ years of experience with the entire VMware vSphere stack in a large environment
- 5+ years of experience with enterprise hardware (HP and Cisco UCS)
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Windows Server
- Demonstrated communication interpersonal and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated risk evaluation skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple organizations to reach common goals
- Intermediate knowledge of networking technologies and best practices
- Proficient with Windows Server 2008 to 2019 including hands-on experience with system installation/configuration file system concepts resource monitoring user administration package management and process control/management
- Systems Software and Administration knowledge
- Maintain servers across multiple environments
- Assist with the implementations of various projects (Servers Virtualization Disaster Recovery)
- Experience with Nutanix a Plus
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $62 - 72 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Support all infrastructure supported by the Windows Server Team. This includes but is not limited to: Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, DFS, Vmware vSphere, as well as UCS and Nutanix HW
- Be responsible for delivering technology solutions and ensuring stability for the global server environment.
- Work across departments to make sure requirements are understood to ensure successful solutions.
- Work with Vendors to report and resolve issues.
- Assist in technology evaluations
- Maintain and update documentation to stay current
- Assist with the development and implementation of standards, procedures and processes for the department.
- Drive automation at every layer of the technology stack with the goal of providing a mature stable platform for the entire company
- Support and Manage infrastructure projects
- Support day to day issues.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information