1 yr Temp to perm (75-80k)
need to fill by July 8th
Oak View Group is a sports and entertainment company engaged in a wide variety of activities, including arena development, facility management, arena and stadium alliance, sponsorships and partnerships, security services, publications, conferences, and consulting. The company, privately held, is headquartered in Los Angeles, California with offices throughout the world.
The Senior Desktop Support Technician provides proven senior technical support, experience and strategic insights to meet the IT needs of OVG staff and any subsidiaries and partners as directed by leadership.
The position is responsible for the local day-to-day needs and requests of the OVG LA office, in addition to remote coverage and support for all OVG users and clients globally. In addition to end-user requests and issues, this position must be able to manage projects as assigned by the Director of IT.
Customer service etiquette, a strong work ethic, and the ability to go above expectations are of equal importance to any technical requirements. The candidate for this position must manage their time properly and be willing to prioritize the needs OVG and its initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience in Desktop Support/Client Services
- Bachelor or Master's degree, preferably in IT or other relevant disciplines
- A+ Customer Service a must
- "White Glove" service experience for various leadership and executive level stakeholders a must.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 platform and Office Suite a must
- Proficiency with a MAC and Windows operating systems
- strong knowledge in Patch Management, Anti-Malware/Anti-Virus, desktop/laptop imaging, anti-virus and inventory management tools.
- Excellent knowledge of computers (PC, Laptop and Mac) and peripherals.
- Knowledge of Zendesk (ticketing), JAMF (Apple device management), and Sophos (endpoint & email security) platforms a plus
- Experience supporting and managing Xerox & HP multi-functional imaging devices
- Advanced working knowledge of configuring and troubleshooting iOS and Android based mobile devices.
- strong understanding of hardware, software and TCP/IP networking principles is
- required along with basic knowledge of telephony/VoIP
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
- Available to work overtime and weekends, when necessary.
- Must be able to properly manage time and communicate frequently with OVG LA IT regularly.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $38.46 - 41.01 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Responsibilities for Senior Desktop Support Technician
- Manage the installation and maintenance of hardware and software including
- workstations, mobile devices, multimedia displays, and video conference system support.
- Test, plan and supervise the deployment of new operating system releases, vendor patches, and commercial software releases.
- Manage the diagnoses and repair of hardware, and contact appropriate service vendors
- when necessary. Recommend solutions, supervise and check that problems have been
- corrected and maintain records of work performed.
- Develop and document standardized user processes and procedures and "how to"
- Educate and develop the IT skills to meet the requirement of desktop support team.
- Working knowledge of managing tickets, follow up actions and close issues.
- Meeting with the IT Director to discuss company and technology needs.
- Designing and installing computer hardware configurations.
- Installing software and networking systems.
- Troubleshooting network and software issues.
- Installing high-level software security systems.
- Training staff on newly installed hardware and software systems.
- Hardware, software, and networking troubleshooting & repair.
- Responding to general IT requests.
- Ensuring security software is kept up to date.
- Filing monthly reports for the IT leadership.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information