A well-known manufacturer, marketer and distributor of consumer and commercial products in Northern NJ is looking for a Consumer Analytics Manager to join their growing team! The Consumer Analytics Manager will be brought on as a key partner in driving insights across a variety of data sources including shopper, trend, product and ratings & reviews. This position brings excellent opportunity for exposure within all levels of the organization. Develop strong business relationships throughout the company footprint. Are you the next Consumer Analytics Manager? Reach out today with your updated resume for immediate consideration!
location: Hoboken, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- This position will collaborate closely with analytics, insights and customer-facing teams, with the goal of cultivating an integrated 360-view of current Newell Brand consumers so that Brands can focus its resources efficiently and impactfully to drive profitable growth
- Utilize multiple tools to closely monitor consumer trends and competitive activity both within and outside the category and synthesize that information into practical insights that can guide marketing and merchandising strategy on an ongoing basis
- Develop, recommend, and lead analytics to drive deep consumer understanding across the enterprise.
- Synthesize consumer and marketplace data and analysis from multiple sources to provide significant business recommendations.
- Create comprehensive analyses that leverage previous projects learnings, trends, and internal analytics to fully inform the marketing, brand and sales teams on consumer insights
- Continuously monitor retail and consumer trends and report to key internal stakeholders leading important trends for retail and innovation
- Establish relationships with cross-functional teams and serve as a critical thinking partner
- Present findings and implications to the brand teams as well as Senior Leadership, showcasing a strong command of research acumen and business knowledge focusing on actionable insights and recommendations that impact the business
- Develop Monthly/Quarterly consumer centric reports with key insights to share with the broader organization
- Partner closely with Data Science teams in leveraging analytical methods and data science techniques to analyze large data sets and translate insights into actionable recommendations for a business audience
- Continually evaluate new systems and tools to simplify and automate workflows and to keep abreast of best practices in the data analytics space
- Partner with other analytics leaders to promote a culture of data-driven decision-making and assist in the development of analytical talent throughout the organization
The successful candidate will be a proven business leader with experience working in a fast-paced, matrixed organization. They must be a strong communicator and have a sharp analytical approach. They must have both strong strategic capabilities and be hands-on and comfortable with tactical execution.
- Previous analytics leadership experience and technical qualifications:
- 4+ years of experience in a Consumer Insights, Market Research or Business Analysis role analyzing consumer attribute and behavioral data. eCommerce / Digital space experience preferred
- strong critical thinking, analytical and communication skills with the ability to turn findings into actionable, data-driven stories
- Ability to effectively deal with ambiguity, imperfect data, and changing priorities and timelines; can effectively manage change, shift gears when needed, and decide and act without having the total picture
- Experience working with and for Retail/CPG businesses.
- Ability to synthesize multiple data sources (primary insights, analytics data, trend and syndicated data) to drive strategic recommendations to internal teams
- An analytical mind, able to manage details but also see the big picture to tell the story
- Extensive experience with SQL ability to query, manipulate, and transform data from multiple sources. Advanced skills with all Microsoft Office Software for the creation of management reports, presentations, and analysis.
- Experience with any Business Intelligence & reporting tools such as Power BI, Qlik, Tableau
- Experience with any Web Analytics tool such as Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics preferred
- Conceptual thinker with proven analytical & problem-solving skills with the ability to see the "big picture".
- Highly organized with careful attention to detail
- Ability to work and influence cross-functionally
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) - ability to turn data and analytics into actionable insights through communication.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, statistics, analytics, research, or related field
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information