The Vulnerability Management Manager drives vulnerability management strategies and goals through coaching, mentoring and career guidance. Develops and maintains strong partnerships with stakeholder stakeholders, ensuring end to-end vulnerability remediation. Directs vulnerability assessments and penetration tests, assists with strategic planning, supports compliance and risk management activities, and pushes for improvements to mitigate risk.
location: REMOTE, REMOTE
job type: Permanent
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Ensures continuous vulnerability lifecycle management within the environment, detecting, monitoring, reporting, and assessing impact on vulnerability-related data from internal/external sources. Develops and drives remediation strategies to address vulnerabilities and reduce attack surface. Assists with strategic planning, driving improvements and providing input on capabilities and methods for vulnerability management and security testing. Supports compliance and risk management activities, recommending security controls and corrective actions to mitigate vulnerability risks.
- Develops and maintains strong partnerships to drive end-to-end vulnerability remediation, ensure consistent customer experience, broaden awareness and use of services, and educate users on security best practices integrated in key areas. Partners with IT teams to assess potential negative impacts of remediation and apply compensating/mitigating controls. Provides communications across the organization, interfacing with senior leadership, driving security hardening best practices, and representing the vulnerability management team with customers and partners.
- Drives requirements definition, evaluation, recommendation, implementation, and troubleshooting of vulnerability management tools. Develops security testing capabilities and directs ongoing vulnerability assessments and penetration tests. Assesses current and emerging threats, cyberattacks, and zero-day vulnerabilities that pose risks to the environment. Notifies partners on threats and vulnerabilities to reduce the attack surface.
- Leads and supports vulnerability management team, establishing team and individual goals that support overall objectives. Coaches, mentors, and provides career development guidance. Establishes daily operations, regular communications, and resource planning, providing guidance, relaying expectations and leading team initiatives and activities. Recruits, screens, hires, trains and directly supervises all assigned subordinate staff. Evaluates employee performance. Counsels, disciplines and/or terminates employees, as required.
- Maintains awareness and knowledge of current changes within legal, regulatory, and technological environments which may affect operations. Ensures senior management and staff are informed of any changes in a timely manner. Establishes and maintains network of professional contacts. Maintains membership in appropriate professional organizations and publications. Attends meetings, seminars and conferences and maintains continuity of any required or desirable certifications, if applicable.
- Promotes an environment that fosters inclusive relationships and creates unbiased opportunities for contributions through ideas, words, and actions that uphold principles of the USC Code of Ethics. Recommends departmental goals and objectives (e.g., workforce planning, compensation). Reassesses or redefines priorities as appropriate in order to achieve performance objectives
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information