Our lcient is looking to hire a Lead UX Researcher to join the Digital Strategy team in the ACS Publications Division. We provide the worldwide scientific community with a comprehensive collection of the most-cited peer-reviewed journals in the chemical and related sciences. ACS Publications publishes more than 70 journals and a book series via its award-winning web-based platform.
The Lead UX Researcher is responsible for studying user behavior in order to design user workflows and visual layouts for the client's Publication's online platform and related sites. In this role, you will conduct usability testing on existing websites, on mockups, and prototypes.
location: McLean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 78 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Assess existing features and designs for potential improvements.
- Identify the right tools and processes to use for each investigation, then lead the execution of that plan.
- Consider the impacts of different devices, locations, cultures, and personal abilities on user interactions.
- Identify KPIs for new initiatives.
- Design new features and evaluate their impact after implementation.
- Communicate your findings to a diverse set of stakeholders from across the organization.
- Evaluate, test, and plan information architecture for websites.
- Lead design-thinking exercises.
- Work in an iterative (Agile) fashion.
- Manage the work of UI/UX contractors, when extra hands are needed.
- The Product Manager and other business stakeholders to understand business objectives. You will conduct end-user research in order to inform the product development process and to assess the impact of system changes.
- The Analytics team to quantify user behavior and understand changing behavior patterns.
- The UI Designer to develop visual page elements, user-flow diagrams, wireframes, mock-ups and interactive prototypes for sample materials to serve as requirements by design.
- College degree (relevant field) or equivalent experience; an advanced degree (relevant field) is a plus.
- 5+ years performing end-user research including information architecture testing (card sorting and tree testing), usability testing, and surveying.
- Experience leading design thinking exercises.
- Experience performing quantitative analysis of survey data.
- strong conceptualization and visual communication ability.
- Experience using rapid prototyping tools like Adobe XD, Figma, Sketch, or Axure.
- Experience using graphics design tools like Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Experience with user interface design patterns and standard User-Centered Design methodologies.
- Experience working on Agile development teams.
- Understanding of WCAG web accessibility standards.
- Able to manage multiple time-sensitive projects simultaneously.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information