We're looking for engineers who are hardworking, inquisitive, and responsible individuals to help deliver the best digital web experience to our customers. The ideal candidate is deeply entrenched in front and middle tier development, with a passion for using tools and frameworks to guide the development of stable, robust, and resilient apps that best serve our customer base.
Our team builds outstanding experiences for the Health Care customers. We focus on crafting rich and compelling experiences using the best application design guidelines by way of robust tooling to provide healthcare benefits and management. We work in a collaborative, fast paced environment and are committed to advancing a digital strategy to the delight of our customers.
The Expertise You Have
- 4+ years of experience in designing and implementing web applications
- Bachelor's degree of Computer Science or other related field.
- Experience in Agile and Scrum development methodology
- Ability to read Java
- strong technical background on crafting and developing enterprise digital applications with MVC design pattern, micro front-end strategy and open micro service architectures.
- Proven experience with building digital restful APIs (GraphQL is a plus)
- Deep understanding and experience of version control system management using various Git workflows.
- Proven experience in DevOps best practices and tools like Jenkins or Jenkins Core, and Git/GitHub.
- Solid knowledge of cloud solutions, serverless architecture, containerization strategies.
- Proven experience in container and cloud technologies, including Docker, Kubernetes and AWS, as well as secure application development.
- Quality-first, testable solutions using TDD and automation.
- In-depth knowledge secure coding standards and practices.
- strong experience in leading in a reciprocal, team-based environment with a constant focus on learning, mentoring, and encouraging others.
- Passion crafting outstanding experiences using your strong understanding of functional programming and front end and API design patterns.
- Knowledge of the web application landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies used in crafting performant, resilient, and robust web apps.
- Excellent understanding of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms to ensure alignment to software engineering methodologies.
- Excellent understanding of Test-Driven Development and Test Pyramid in support of highly resilient and stable apps with a high degree of code coverage.
- strong understanding of modern development principles such as trunk-based development, feature toggles, and branch by abstraction to support performant and collaborative engineering teams.
- strong communication and influencing skills to integrate effectively into the inclusive culture.
- strong desire to learn new skills and emerging technologies/industry trends quickly.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The Value You Deliver
- Collaborating with architecture, security, and UXD to build architecturally compliant apps.
- Partnering with platform squads to define engineering standards, standard methodologies, and tooling.
- Providing engineering thought leadership to advance Health Care benefits and management outcomes and facilitate a cloud-first approach.
- Collaborating with other team members and stakeholders to analyze and solve problems.
- Staying ahead of the curve by aligning architecture, user experience, and security with chapters and COEs.
- Supporting a cloud-first world through upskilling and augmenting squads with solid knowledge of AWS native services.
- Experience level:
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information