location: ADA, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 117,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
We are looking for a Senior Information Security Specialist to support the growing number of cloud platforms and environments supporting Amway's business. In this role the primary focus will be partnering with Amway technology teams to enable business outcomes while applying common security practices. This will include a focus on cloud specific workloads. Assisting to apply various security patterns leveraging programmatic solutions to automate and improve the security of solutions. Experience with code development to enhance current and future security solutions in partnership with product teams.
What's special about the team?
In Information Security and Risk (ISR), you will be joining motivated individuals that value innovation, openness, independent thinking, and a bias for action. You will be working with our cloud security team in Ada, MI, and Malaysia (AITS) as well as the Cloud Governance Engineering function within Amway Technology to support security for cutting edge solutions driving our digital A70 vision.
How you would contribute to Amway:
In this role, you will work with global Amway Technology teams to improve the security posture within Amway's cloud environments (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP, Alibaba, etc.). Perform technical and non-technical security reviews to identify risks and to promote security awareness and best practices. Be familiar with ways to automate and interact with cloud environments at scale.
You will be measured on your ability to contribute incremental value on the team in a dynamic and rapidly changing global environment. This will require a willingness to learn new technologies quickly, assess risks and threats, and develop ways to improve the security of cloud-based business solutions. It will also involve using APIs and other capabilities to help the ISR and product teams automate processes and manage security efficiently.
In this position you will be:
- Learning cloud security concepts and tools to help identify and remediate security gaps.
- Interpreting established cloud security controls and translating these into practical actionable steps that can be applied at the appropriate stages of projects.
- Acting as an advocate and change agent for secure cloud practices across Amway technology and product teams.
- A security consultant working directly with product teams to provide architecture reviews, risk analysis, and implementation guidance.
- Leading small to large technical security projects.
- Communicating directly with Amway technology and product teams on initiatives and value to improve the security of Amway's cloud environments.
- Developing scripts/code to improve security efforts and efficiencies of routine and/or repetitive tasks at scale.
- Developing scripts/code to assiste product teams with adherence to policy using concepts like OPA (Open Policy Agent) or PaC (Policy as Code).
- Building, supporting, and using detection capabilities for threats and/or attacks in cloud environments.
- Responding to threats in real-time, through diagnosis, communication, and remediation.
- Familiar with security event and incident handling best practices and processes.
- Supporting environments composed of Linux and Windows based operating systems.
- Bachelor's degree with 6 years of related experience in working with scripting or programming for complex applications or projects and 6 years of related experience in working with traditional or cloud infrastructure to architect or support solutions (e.g., solid knowledge of computing environments and cloud technology).
- Willing to consider candidates with 14 years of related experience in lieu of education.
- Experience in hardening of systems, network, and operating systems.
- Knowledge of network security architecture concepts.
- High level of experience and understanding of at least one cloud provider (AWS, Azure, GCP).
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business bours in support of Amway's global markets.
- Team player with interest in continuous learning to grow a career in security.
- Experience working on technical teams on complex Information Technology projects.
- Experience working with technical management on planning, building roadmaps, strategy, etc.
- Proven experience working independently and delivering results in an agile and rapidly changing environment.
- Preferred certifications: Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), CompTIA Security, Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP), Any AWS Certifications.
- Experience interpreting and applying regulatory requirements such as ISO 27001 and PCI.
- Familiarity with privacy principles and management of sensitive/confidential data.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information