This is a mid-level position within a growing organization with opportunities for future career growth. The ideal candidate will be able to identify threats and vulnerabilities in the company's IT systems and software architecture and preparing for potential threats that could disrupt the company's operations.
They will be able to thoroughly test security systems to monitor and improve performance and regularly advise management on policies and procedures related to the IT industry.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or a related field
- Five or more years' work experience as a Network Security Engineer or related position
- Proven experience developing, operating, and maintaining security systems
- Extensive knowledge of operating system and database security
- Proficiency in networking technologies, network security and network monitoring solutions
- Knowledge of security systems including anti-virus applications, content filtering, firewalls, authentication systems and intrusion detection and notification systems
- In-depth knowledge of security protocols and principles
- Critical thinking skills and ability to solve complex problems
- Hands-on experience in computer security systems, networking, web-based protocols, and frameworks.
- Certifications such as CCNP Security, GIAC and Microsoft Systems Developer training.
- Expert knowledge in fundamental and advanced cybersecurity solutions and regulations, secure network architectures, encryption technologies and standards, application security, virtualization technologies, secure coding practices, identity and access management principles, networking routing techniques, social engineering, Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) and gateway anti-malware.
- Must demonstrate and have references of excellent communication skills, leadership qualities and good problem-solving skills are preferred
location: Jacksonville, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Objectives for the Network Security Engineer are as follows:
Develop, execute, and track the performance of security measures to protect information and network infrastructure and computer systems.
Design computer security strategy and engineer comprehensive cybersecurity architecture.
Identify, define, and document system security requirements and recommend solutions to management.
Configure, troubleshoot, and maintain security infrastructure software and hardware.
Install software that monitors systems and networks for security breaches and intrusions.
Monitor systems for irregular behavior and set up preventive measures.
Plan, develop, implement, and update company's information security strategy.
Educate and train staff on information system security best practices.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information