Our enterprise client has an immediate permanent job opening for an experienced information security engineer to help develop new solutions and architect initiatives.
Candidates will have experience in supporting information security best practices and working closely with the executive team to ensure corporate security deliverables.
location: Woodbridge, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 145,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Information Security Engineer will be responsible for helping design solutions but also maintain full enterprise environment. Working closely with Technology Operations and Application Delivery teams to secure and monitor IT infrastructure and applications. A solid understanding of information security principles and hands-on experience of host configuration, cloud infrastructure, operating systems, and networking is required. The candidate is expected to implement defenses to prevent and detect resilient adversaries from accessing corporate resources. The position requires ongoing evaluation of implemented solutions as the security program evolves and the threat landscape changes.
- Research, validate and deploy solutions to meet security and business requirements
- Maintain an up-to-date level of knowledge related to security threats, attack techniques, vulnerabilities, and mitigations
- Serve as lead engineer for the firm's Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) tooling and related components
- Implement, manage and maintain event and log collection within the environment
- Proactively participate in incident response, forensics, troubleshooting and other security issues according to established procedures
- Participate as a member of the Configuration Management Team to set standards and evaluate drift
- Planning and participation in multiple disaster recovery testing events throughout the year
- Interface with Audit to proactively manage any identified issues so they are addressed in a prompt and efficient manner
- Participate in the Information Security Awareness program and promote security awareness to all employees
- Consult with the Facilities to ensure appropriate physical security controls are implemented and operating as intended. Conduct light physical security systems administration.
- At least 4-6 years of cybersecurity experience with at least 2 years in an engineering-based role supporting Security Operations or Information Security teams
- Proficient in SIEM technology (e.g., LogRhythm, Splunk, QRadar, ArcSight)
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience supporting SIEM systems, intrusion detection / intrusion prevention systems, endpoint solutions, Active Directory
- Proven ability to analyze event and incident logs
- Implement, manage and maintain event and log collection and strategies around alerting and reporting
- Clear communication skills to explain highly technical topics in terms of business risk
- Good written and presentation skills
- Understanding of server and network configurations with regards to industry best practices
- Knowledge of cloud services and associated risks (AWS, Azure)
- Results oriented team player with excellent problem-solving skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to think strategically, tactically and with effective decision-making skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience REQUIRED
- GSEC, GCIH, GCIA, GCFE, or CISSP preferable but not required
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information