We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to work with a Fortune 50 retail giant headquartered in the Chicago market. We are looking for someone to lead and drive technical teams in support of complex software products. You will be responsible for successful delivery of large-scale data structures and Pipelines and efficient Extract/Load/Transform (ETL) workflows. Acts as the data engineering team lead for large and complex projects involving multiple resources and task for healthcare and pharmacy solutions.
Interested and want to learn more about this exciting opportunity? Reach out to Madison Wilson at email@example.com to learn more.
location: Deerfield, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provides operational as well strategic leadership for the design, development, testing and delivery of large scale data centric frameworks and analytics centric, products driven enterprise integration.
- Support development and execution of highly complex and large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data to generate insights and addresses reporting needs.
- Involve in enterprise integration of analytics assets into member engagement products through API, streaming and file based interfacing technologies.
- Anticipates and solves highly complex problems with detailed knowledge of multiple programming languages and data infrastructure.
- Involve in big data centric migration efforts from on-prem to cloud platforms, hands on experience with cloud engineering and migration.
- Write complex ETL (Extract / Transform / Load) processes, designs database systems and develops tools for real-time and offline analytic processing.
- Develop frameworks, standards & reference material for architecture and associated products.
- Designs data marts and data models to support Data Science and other internal customers.
- Mentor to junior team members to provide technical advice.
- Applies knowledge of health care data systems and products to consult and advise on additional efforts across multiple domains spanning broader enterprise.
- Uses in-depth experience designing & optimizing queries to build scalable, modular, and efficient data pipelines.
- Integrates data from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality and accessibility standards
- Experiments with available tools and advises on new tools to determine optimal solutions given the requirements dictated by the model/use case.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent is required
- 7+ years of experience in advanced analytics or business intelligence and/or technology
- Experience partnering with security to ensure platform is secured and regulatory compliant.
- Experience with big data/Hadoop technologies
- Experience with cloud architecture and/or engineering, with at least one major platform (GCP (preferred), AWS, Azure).
- Experience implementing enterprise-wide data transformation and processing solutions.
- Expertise in Java, Python, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Pig, MySQL and/or NoSQL or similar.
- Solid understanding of dimensional data modeling and ER-Modeling
- Experience with building data lakes cubes, ROLAP, and MOLAP is required
- Extensive knowledge of/experience with data integration, data quality, multi-dimensional design, and ETL tools, processes, and methodology
- Design data models, exact, transform and load (ETL) and Reporting challenges in designing data models.
- Understands the importance of maintaining the physical and technical security
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to facilitate interaction between developers, analysts, and business staff
- Experience accurately writing document for the data requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- Willing to travel up to 5% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state)
Nice to have:
- Experience in the development of data models in Retail, Pharmacy, or healthcare domain is desired
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.