A premier client of ours in Texas is hiring for a full time Business Intelligence Analyst.
You will define and analyze enterprise business intelligence requirements and design, develop, and deploy data reporting/analysis tools and decision support applications. Acts as a liaison between information technology and business units. Ensures data accuracy. Assesses data extraction, report generation, and bugs involving operational reporting, data warehouse, and data marts. Requires thorough knowledge of database concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
location: New Braunfels, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $69,000 - 104,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Gather, document, and analyze enterprise data reporting, analytical, and decision support requirements.
- Design enterprise business intelligence applications/solutions
- Develop and test business intelligence applications
- Review and validates report and analytical data for accuracy.
- Maintain enterprise business terms definitions, coding definitions, and metadata for enterprise data management
- Assist with developing and maintaining extract, transform, and load (ETL) processes for loading and validating integrated historical and operational data repositories.
- Maintain and enhance assigned core/legacy software applications/systems.
- Create project deliverables, including project plans, requirements documents, design documents, test plans, and test cases.
- Review and report project progress to management and to project team through status reports and regularly scheduled meetings.
- Develop technical and user documentation on current systems/processes.
- Act as primary support for business intelligence and assigned core/legacy applications.
- Communicate with site users regarding system enhancements and or scheduled upgrades
- Analyze, review and alter systems, programs, and applications to increase operating efficiency or to adapt to new requirements.
- Prioritize and deliver assigned tasks on schedule
- Conduct job duties and responsibilities according to Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Develop new software programs and applications.
- Regressions test all program/application modifications to ensure that existing functionality has not been adversely impacted by changes.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
- Assists users to troubleshoot/solve operating problems with applications under their responsibility.
- Become in-house expert on third party applications supported and provide first line support for those applications.
- Assist in generating statistics and reports for management on the efficiency and effectiveness of the application development and support process.
- Partner with team members and users to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, and correct system issues and software errors in accordance with the company's defined methodology and procedures for technical support, application development, and change control.
- strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical documentation.
- Ability to create training/instructional documents for end users of technical systems.
- Ability to present ideas for a technical and non technical audience
- Working knowledge of database design and development concepts.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Transact/SQL, stored procedures, triggers, etc.
- Familiarity with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Hands on troubleshooting experience.
- Working knowledge of Python or other machine learning system
- Working knowledge of business systems principles.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information