The Network Engineer will manage and direct all networking and communications platforms working in conjunction with systems personnel. This individual is responsible for all LAN/WAN/Firewall/Wireless/Internet design, configuration, implementation, monitoring, reporting and manage/support. Interacts with and provides direction to the broader IT team and management. Requires experience in telecommunications network design and management. Demonstrate ability to work independently on requirements that are moderately sophisticated. Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services. This position is responsible for the full cycle from design through implementation and management/support thereafter. Closely coordinates with other IT system professionals and vendors/partners to ensure proper implementation of network services. A positive Customer Service oriented outlook is required.
- Project management must have the ability to self-manage small to medium projects including development and implementation of project plans with goals of delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. For large projects formal project manager(s) will be utilized.
- Experience with Cisco and Palo Alto equipment is required as well as Experience with Cisco Catalyst.
- Experience with Meraki (Wireless, Switching, Firewall) is also a requirement.
location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Responsible for design, configuration, advanced troubleshooting and implementation of all parts of network infrastructure.
- Key performance indicators -- maintain accurate and timely reporting of performance indicators identified.
- Achieve and maintain maximum uptime for critical servers or services utilizing the network.
- Take part in the development, evaluation, and quarterly verification (self-audit) of Internal Audit Controls maintain guidelines for a system of internal control.
- Support creation, monitoring, documentation, reporting and testing of disaster recovery initiatives.
- Maintain current and accurate documentation for the following: SOP (standard operating procedures), processes, contracts, licensing, networks. Participate in budget planning.
- Works closely with internal IT Security resources to ensure standard methodologies identified by IT Security are adhered to
- Maintain service desk resolution within established SLA's. (ServiceNow)
- Prepare complex network designs for new and existing client site establishments, site relocations, network upgrades, network expansions, and disaster recovery setups with a focus on Cisco and Palo Alto for core network requirements
- Implement and maintain logical design models (L2/L3, spanning tree, VTP, VLANs, physical cabling), remote VPN software, network control protocols (QOS, PoE, NTP, DHCP), network management protocols (CDP, LLDP, FTP, TFTP, SNMP), and security protocols (SSH, HTTPS, AAA).
- Understanding of popular network communication protocols such as SIP, DHCP, DNS, RCP, HTTP, SNMP, and ICMP.
- Working familiarity in implementing and fixing dynamic routing protocols: RIPv2 and RIPng, EIGRP and OSPF.
- Provide support for all network and data communication issues including private and internet circuits, routing protocols, VPN connectivity, WAN optimization, hardware, and 3rd party vendor connectivity.
- Research & remediate networking issues and networking products as the need arises and use critical thinking skills to evaluate all viable solutions while using appropriate judgment in applying effective resolutions
- Properly address and prioritize tasks based on urgent and highly sensitive client needs and manage appropriate/realistic expectations to ensure overall client satisfaction
- Responsible for configuring IPSec VPN tunnels, IP communication, and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP)
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of equipment, production & support processes, quality control, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency
- Assist with licensing compliance and annual true-up activities.
- Achieve compliance with Carlisle Companies IT policies and procedures.
- Manage backup of networking systems configurations, maintain up to date patch levels and recommended practices
- Direct and support local and remote IT activities and staff.
- Responsibilities could include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assisting, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides ongoing training to applicable staff to develop and encourage their technical and operational performance. Meet with appropriate staff on a timely basis for performance evaluations and goal setting.
- Provide guidance and leadership to Level 0-2 network engineers.
- Verify and validate activities of Level 0-2 network engineers, ensure approved methods and procedures are followed.
- Take ownership for own safety and quality of work.
- Participate in own work area or functional Tiered Accountability process.
- Support conceptualization from the shop floor intended to automate and otherwise reduce waste.
- Suggest ideas to eliminate waste and to improve work processes and procedures within the IT function, and for improvements in the intersection of IT and other functions
- Use standard action planning and problem-solving processes including '3 Deep' techniques.
- Participate in problem solving and improvement activities.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information