This position is responsible for facilitating design for the Servers, Storage, Networking, and Security related to the GDC environments. Including backups, disaster recovery plans, and validation of such plans on a reoccurring basis. Support includes remotely connected offsite infrastructure directly tied to the GDC and its dependencies. System and Networking products to be supported at a minimum are Microsoft, Linux, VMware, Nutanix, Hyper-V, Pure Storage, EMC Storage, and Veeam. The Data Center Engineer must work closely with the Sytems and Networking Teams and analyze the GDC components to support troubleshooting and proactively avoid outages and resource constraints.
We require a minimum of four years of Systems experience and one year of Networking experience for this position.
Must include advanced Active Directory and VMware troubleshooting, preferably in environments containing 500+ hosts/VM's. The candidate will have experience with hyper-converged computing environments as well as experience with Dell VxRail. Experience with VMware VCF is preferred.
- Experience supporting large data center environments (>500 servers) with complex AD topology
- Ability and desire to perform root cause analysis.
- The understanding of fundamental routed protocols and the ability to troubleshoot network connectivity problems on systems.
- Certifications preferred (e.g., VMware VCP, CSEP, MCSE, CCNA)
- A great teammate that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work outside of regular business hours to support Carlisle's GDC Environments.
- Enthusiastic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
- Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of O365, SAP (and other ERP systems), manufacturing processes and procedures, and the ability to share this knowledge with others is desired.
- Ability to travel (up to 20%) and work remotely, without direct supervision.
location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Work closely with Systems, Network, Service Delivery, Security Operations, and Applications teams to ensure the success of business objectives.
- Configuration and advanced troubleshooting for Physical and Virtual Network Segmentation within the GDC environments.
- Performance monitoring of resources running in the GDC environments.
- Server Automation, installation, setup, configuration, administration, and support.
- Design, Document, Oversee and Mitigate Backup and Disaster Recovery operations for all division systems running in the GDC Environments.
- Assist with licensing compliance and annual true-up activities.
- Maintain uptime for all services utilizing the network and systems in the GDC.
- Password rotations and deployment of patches to Core GDC components.
- Respond to remediation requests from Security Operations.
- Generate and maintain knowledge base articles and other technical support documentation.
- Assist team members in being adequately cross-trained.
- Follows direction and tasks assigned by Manager, and Data Center Architect.
- Follows change control procedures and approved designs.
- Works closely with the Data Center Architect to design and implement fault-tolerant, highly available, enterprise solutions for, but not limited to:
- Active Directory
- NPS / Radius
- Application and Network Load Balancing
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information