Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments. We are currently sourcing for an Application Architect to work in Fidelity's Asset Management Group in Boston, MA. Locations: Primary: Boston, MA Secondary: Merrimack, NH, and Durham, NC
Asset Management Technology Architecture provides strategic technology direction and architecture vision for Fidelity's Asset Management businesses. Come join us in driving the technology and success of a world-class Asset Management team.
The Individual we are seeking to hire is a hands-on architect with well-honed design and development skills architect to work in the Asset Management Technology group. Develop application architecture for complex business systems in a cloud-based environment within the Strategic Advisors domain.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- Experience with RESTful API design, Apache Kafka, distributed architecture patterns required.
- Guide/develop, communicate and oversee implementation of high-level and low-level design in compliance to roadmap, architecture and design standards defined by Business Unit.
- Experience in working with complex product and models for portfolio construction will be an added advantage.
- Hands on experience in cloud technologies and practices, building data applications that use services such as AWS EC2, S3, SNS/SQS, API Gateway, AWS Batch, Lambda, Elasticsearch desired
- Well-grounded knowledge of engineering and continuous delivery practices.
- Proven leadership skills, demonstrated ability to mentor, influence and partner with application architects, engineering and product teams to deliver scalable robust data solutions.
- Significant experience working in complex data environments in an engineering, design and architecture capacity.
- Proficiency at understanding enterprise architecture concepts, master data management, data modeling and design techniques.
- Solid skills and proven focus in logical and component architecture design and deployment.
- Demonstrated success in composing and driving long term product strategies
- Proven knowledge and experience in Java, J2EE, RESTful web services, Apache Kafka, Gemfire and/or Akka platforms.
- Solid experience in event based and message based orchestration architecture.
- Passionate about technology and delivering solutions in coordinated data environments.
- Exposure to Python and R, along with Data Science and Machine Learning experience desired.
- Detailed understanding of Data Exploration, Visual Analytics concepts and tools such as Tableau.
- Hands on experience Amazon web services is desired.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field ideally combined with an advanced technical degree.
- strong solution architecture, engineering and design skills.
- Passion and curiosity, work with others to foster ideas and produce creative solutions to difficult problems while making sensible choices balancing design and delivery.
- A strong influencer who can integrate effectively into the culture. Combine facilitation skills with a results' orientation to deliver excellence and execution.
- Organizational savvy and maturity, work effectively across different organizational units and business groups.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead cross-team collaboration and partnerships across a variety of internal and external constituencies.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information