Looking for a Senior Software Engineer to lead the F-15 Training Systems team in Saint Louis, Missouri. These simulations support the deployment and training of next generation avionics and sensor systems for F-15 fighter aircraft.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim U.S. Secret Clearance Pre-Start and final U.S. Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
We are looking for candidates that:
- Possess a Bachelor of Science degree or higher in CE, CS, EE, Physics, or Mathematics or similar with 10+ or more years of Full Lifecycle Avionics embedded experience
- Have led activities to develop, document and maintain architectures, requirements, algorithms, interfaces and designs for software systems, as well as code and integration of complex software components.
- Have developed software verification plans, test procedures and test environments, executed the test procedures and documented test results to ensure software system requirements are met.
- Have lead development, selection, tailoring and deployment of processes, tools and metrics.
- Can work under minimal/consultative direction.
location: Berkeley, Missouri
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Serve as lead engineer on projects as assigned and manage related project activity with minimal or no guidance
- Clearly communicate technical information to other engineers and to management
- Work together with Systems Engineering, Test, and Integration teams to translate high level system and software requirements into low level software requirements that can be implemented by other engineers
- Design, develop, and integrate software into a real-time system
- Define and execute test procedures to validate software requirements achieved
- Mentor new employees in software engineering best practices and in Training Systems processes
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues
- Support software research and development projects
- Implement F-15 vehicle simulation trainer software in an Agile development environment
- Develop/document both object-oriented software designs and non-object-oriented designs as appropriate for the feature
- Understand and work within the boundaries of budget and schedule demands
- Participate in software design and implementation peer reviews and provide constructive feedback
This position allows per diem to those who meet the requirements
Less than 10% travel is expected
Development Processes: Agile
Other: Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance. (Having clearance already is a plus)
Other: Does not allow for remote work
Good communication skills to work with multiple teams
Experience leading software development/verification teams
Mentor / strong collaboration with other engineers
- Experience developing Avionic Systems, / Simulation Systems and/or Simulation Software Engineering
- Work-related programming experience with C++, ADA
- Network Systems programming experience
- Experience with Linux (e.g. Red Hat) and Windows-based development
- Work-related experience with C#, Java, and/or Python
- Experience with version-control tools such as GIT, Jira, Collaborator, etc.
- Familiarity with MatLab and/or simulation standards such as Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS), Distributed Mission Operations (DMO) and High level Architecture (HLA)
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information