Now Hiring: Sr. Java Developer!
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or related Engineering is required, a Master's degree is desirable
- 8+ years of proven, hands-on track record as a software engineer, focused on cloud-based systems
- Proven track record developing cloud-based services (SaaS) and platforms (PaaS)
- Proven hands-on in-depth experience of AWS is required, both in terms of traditional technologies (e.g. EC2, S3, DynamoDB, RDS, ...) as well as more recent cutting-edge paradigms (e.g. Lambda, API Gateway, Fargate, ...).
- Proven experience of developing microservices and complex microservice-based platform architectures
- Excellent understanding of distributed systems, designing for scalability, performance and availability
- Experience of establishing non-functional best-practices and deploying supporting technologies for improving platform security (including audit) and reliability (latency, availability, scalability)
- Knowledge of distributed network architectures and network security is required
- Good knowledge of data persistence technologies including relational databases and no-SQL solutions
- Excellent interpersonal and technical communication with peers, and non-peers alike, with a can-do attitude
- 3+ years in teams applying modern agile software development practices #LI-FM
location: PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 76 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Creation, management, and operation of a diverse set of Dev-Ops-related tools, processes, paradigms, and technologies that enable the creation and ongoing operation of the Signify IoT Platform.
- Focus on the creation of horizontal tools, technologies, and best practices that enable and support all the IoT Platform engineering teams to build, debug, test, release, manage and secure the IoT Platform's modern, microservices-based cloud infrastructure.
- Collaborate in defining the methodologies and ways of working that will enable our fast-paced engineering teams to flourish as we collectively build out the IoT Platform. You will help promote and implement best practices and supporting tools/technologies for source control management, CI and CD architectures, performance, SLAs, security, audit, and monitoring that will be used by every engineer within the IoT Platform organization.
- Define common frameworks and software libraries, in various programming languages, that support the creation of efficient, scalable, and highly available microservice-based architectures.
- Support with the management of the running IoT Platform system architecture. You will troubleshoot issues and identify areas for continuous improvement with a particular emphasis on quality, performance, and security.
- Work closely with architects and technical product managers and other members of your team to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well-designed, implemented, and tested software solutions.
- Work in an Agile environment to deliver high-quality software in an incremental manner.
- Help promote the adoption of best-in-class software engineering practices, frameworks, and tools. You are providing guidance and feedback to other software developers.
- Experience level:
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information