Are you a senior systems engineer with an implementation background that is looking for their next great opportunity? Would working from home with travel to local client sites to discuss, roadmap, design and deploy infrastructure projects such as firewalls, switches, routers, O365 or conduct cloud migrations to Azure interest you? Would being part of a growing team with opportunities for career advancement excite you? Then look no further this career opportunity is ripe for the picking!
location: Sterling Heights, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, deploy and implement new solutions and products for our clients.
- Directs and executes the technical design, scheduling, installation, operation, maintenance, and upgrades of hardware and software systems required for activities associated with external client's computer processing. This includes the WAN (Wide Area Networks), LAN (Local Area Networks), VMware, Linux/Unix, MS Windows Servers, data storage/SAN (Storage Area Network) environments and cloud solutions.
- Provides analysis, design, and support of client's computer IT environments, which includes but is not limited to designing system configuration, determining hardware, software, and system functional specifications, and performing system installation.
- Configures and maintains physical / virtual servers, internal / cloud applications, end user computers, security, disaster recovery solutions, and network design and implementation.
- Manages and aids in project plan development and execution for server and network infrastructure upgrades.
- Advanced design, configuration and support of client Firewall, routing, switching and security related hardware and software.
- Facilitates the analysis and develops planning for clients regarding systems or procedural improvements, including recommendations regarding existing and/or new equipment, networking technology (such as network hardware, switches, routers, firewalls), security appliances, or software / cloud solutions.
- Design, implementation and management of system back-up, restoration and controlling protocols/procedures.
- Be an advisor and consultant to Centaris' clients regarding their respective computer networks.
- Coordinates with client's vendors for installation and support of client communication infrastructure, applications, and services.
- Provide regular structured IT support and maintenance relating to issues with client systems and network infrastructure leveraging Centaris' standards and procedures
- Performs advance level troubleshooting analysis of servers, workstations, and associated systems
- Troubleshoots malfunctions of client's network hardware and software applications, to resolve operational issues and documents network problems and resolutions.
- Participates in the establishment and enforcement of standards for controlling workflow and integrity of data through the WAN/LAN, MS Windows Server and Linux/Unix computing environments, ensuring quality of production work, security of materials, equipment and files located within the client's data processing environment.
- Establishes and administers a plan of monitoring, measuring, and evaluating hardware, software, and network capacity performance reporting results to external clients.
- Document client environment and design through diagrams, time estimates, cost estimates, resource requirements, and other necessary information.
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services, and RDP
- Remote or onsite IT support services as needed with travel to various client locations as required
- Actively contribute to development of applicable Centaris IT standards and procedures
- Designs and manages the development, maintenance, and periodic testing of the IT Disaster Recovery (DR) capabilities of Centaris' client environments.
- Designs and develops full requirements and cost analyses for configuration changes based on application plans and growth of client's systems to improve present and future utilization.
- Work with Sales to provide strategic direction to our clients.
- Troubleshoot escalated issues from the Field Services team.
- Deliver superior levels of client service to external clients while demonstrating Centaris' core values of Integrity, Service, and Professionalism.
- Perform overall quality control of the work and report regularly to the Project Coordinator on project status.
- Review engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions.
- Accurate and punctual time entry, updating ticketing system and completing documentation.
- Complete on-call responsibilities as required.
- Adhere to Centaris' internal processes and procedures, related duties, and responsibilities
- Review IT publications and online materials to remain up to date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry
- Mentor and educate teammates in IT capabilities.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information