Reporting to the Senior Portfolio Manager, Global Engagement, this contract position is responsible for planning, implementing, and reporting of assigned projects in support of the Society's global engagement and events worldwide. The incumbent serves as an integral member of the global membership team in its strategic thinking, operations, event planning and web presence.
This role is responsible for working the with Membership Division to determine opportunities to engage the Society's global membership, leadership, and allied professional organizations. Likely engagements include international activities at ACS meetings, tradeshows, international chapter events, cross-divisional and membership global events. The incumbent will coordinate with internal partners and teams for successfully executing event marketing, handling logistics, producing reports, and potentially providing on-site support for global events and campaigns. The role's primary objective is to increase ACS awareness and engagement with global constituencies through events and to leverage events to recruit/retain members. The incumbent also works with other cross-functional teams in membership, ACS Publications, CAS, and other ACS units and provides key operational support for ACS initiatives to enhance the Society's brand.
location: McLean, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Generally supports the development, implementation and evaluation of ACS global initiatives and engagement programming worldwide.
- Helps support international programs of ACS Local Sections, Technical Divisions, Committees, Chapters, and partner organizations, including funding agencies, multilateral organizations, and civil society organizations.
- Works across the organization to conceive of impactful programming, coordinate event logistics, develop necessary collateral and campaigns, staff events, liaise with attendees on travel operations (e.g., visas, airfares, lodging), and evaluate and report on outcomes with recommendations for next steps.
- Provides support for ACS communications focused on non-U.S. audiences including websites, social media, and newsletters. Assures quality, timeliness, and relevancy for content to key audiences.
- Works closely across ACS units to develop marketing campaigns, messaging strategies, onsite collateral, and activities to engage global audiences; communicate ACS membership value propositions and encourage member recruitment and retention; liaise with relevant team members to execute a One ACS presence at relevant meetings and events.
- Supports global engagement staff, events, meetings and follow-up to include note taking and pre-meeting communiques for ACS activities (e.g., Global Coordination Group).
- Assists fulfilling internally and externally funded program reporting requirements including financial processing in a timely fashion.
- Conduct research on pertinent issues impacting the global chemistry enterprise, notably issues which may have an impact on ACS's international membership.
- May be requested to assist in travel planning, visas, reimbursements, and other administrative functions as needed to support the success of global programming.
- Provides support as requested for ACS governance entities.
- Supports other initiatives as assigned.
- Potential travel requirements involve 2-3 events per year domestically with possible work on weekends.
· The incumbent should be a structured, detail-oriented individual with the ability to manage multiple, high-visibility projects. Proven event planning/execution experience and the ability to and manage multiple projects from conception to completion, while maintaining focus on timeline and budgets.
· College degree (Bachelor of Arts/Science) with at least 5 years relevant experience or advanced degree (Master's level) in international affairs, international business, marketing, or related field. Ability to research, understand and synthesize information for decision makers.
· Outstanding interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills are essential as well as direct customer or member service experience.
· technology skills, or willingness to learn, including website content and database management desired (web-based products such as marketing automation software, WordPress, Smartsheet, Salesforce and CMS platforms).
· Excellent spoken and written communication skills, including copy creation, messaging, and proofreading.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently, with integrity, and communicate closely with colleagues and others in a hybrid and virtual environment.
· Knowledge of a foreign language preferred.
· History working with association leadership a plus.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information