Our company is looking for a software developer to help us build our Cartage system.
What you will be doing:
- Playing a key role on a collaborative project team, responsible for the design and production of mission critical, enterprise-scale business systems
- Translating requirements into system design specifications and the implementation of systems throughout the entire software development life cycle
- Developing a thorough understanding of the logistics business domain
- Maintaining an awareness of evolving technologies in use by other teams within the organization and in the technology industry as a whole
You would be part of an agile team working on building the new Cartage system. The team will ultimately have 3-4 developers, 1-2 QA engineers, a Product Owner, and a Scrum Master.
We are looking for talented people who are excited about what they do and who want to be part of a collaborative team. We realize that everyone comes with a unique collection of skills that don't usually align perfectly with job postings. If you feel that you don't exactly fit the criteria below but would still be a good fit, let us know!
- A bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field of study, or equivalent experience
- Solid Java coding abilities
- At least 5 years in a software development role in a team environment
- Experience with web development
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with:
- Object oriented analysis and design
- Relational database concepts and SQL
- Customer service-oriented attitude and great time-management skills
- Leadership experience
- Spring, Spring Boot, and dependency injection
- Web-based and service-based architectures and deployment paradigms
- Experience with IntelliJ, Maven, GitLab, and GitLab CI/CD pipelines
- Operating systems including Linux, preferable RHEL7
- Experience with Event Driven Architecture, Domain Driven Design, CQRS
- Android Studio, Apache Cordova
- Docker, Kubernetes
location: SEATTLE, Washington
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 180,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Your first weeks
We would get you set up with your development environment, and start to show you around the system. Various members of the team would train you on different aspects of the software and the business. You would probably start out with some smaller bugs to work on to get your feet wet, and then start to take on larger stories.
What a typical work day looks like
Outside of our short daily scrum meetings, developers spend most of their time either developing, or collaborating with other team members. During each two-week sprint there are meetings for backlog grooming, sprint planning, a sprint demo, and a retrospective.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information