Randstad Federal is looking for a Network Engineer for a long-term government contract that located in Fort Meade, Maryland.
Responsibilities for the Network Engineer:
- Engineering enterprise data, voice, In-Line Encryption Device, and video networks
- Establishing and operating network test facilities
- Maintaining a secure transfer of data to multiple locations via internal and external
- Working with vendors, the Government, carriers, and technical staff on network implementation, optimization and ongoing management
Qualifications for the Network Engineer:
- 4+ years of Professional Experience
- Experience with Cisco based routers and switches
- Experience with one of the following: LAN/WAN Hardware, switches, ASA and encryption devices
- Must have an CCNA or higher
- Active Top Secret Clearance
Compensation for the Network Engineer:
- Benefits Package including: Health, Medical, Dental, 401k, and PTO Plans
location: Fort George G Meade, Maryland
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
Day to Day Job Summary
Once the talent has been onboarded with Randstad and Client, you will be staffed under Randstad's Managed Resource Program taking your day-to-day responsibilities as a Tier 1 Engineer resource from a lead at the Client. The skills require to perform the role include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform analysis and diagnosis of medium complexity networking problems.
- Perform analysis of medium complexity network designs.
- Build simulated networks in test labs to resolve medium complexity problems and compatibility issues.
- Contribute to Virtual Teams.
- Provide ad hoc systems/product knowledge transfers.
- Assist in generation of standard project documentation including test plans.
- Assist in generation of network configurations from Low Level Design.
- Assist in execution of project delivery including network staging, implementation and handover.
- Assist in Network Upgrade and Migration Activities.
- Produce architectural network designs for medium-scale networks.
- Make performance-engineering recommendations.
- Assist Client with deployment of medium complexity tools and related Network Management Systems.
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information