Develops, installs and maintains cost-effective methods of manufacturing and establishes fair and equitable manufacturing operating standards. Knowledgeable of the functions of engineering and development and ensures the most economical and feasible method is utilized.
Here is what you will need to qualify...
- Education: B.S. degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- 1-2 years of experience in Industrial Engineering / Manufacturing.
- Communicates with associates and other business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to convey a positive and professional image to applicants and associates.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiar with factory ERP or MRP Systems, intranet / internet.
- Follows oral and written instructions.
- Sound knowledge of engineering theory and design criteria.
- Experienced in technical computer language and applications.
- Must be familiar with a variety of manufacturing processes, material selection and product testing in addition to sketching, layout and drafting work.
- Provides functional guidance for administrative support and needs.
- Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, stay organized and perform accurately.
- Occasionally lifts/and or carries objects about the facility up to 35 lbs. or uses the proper equipment.
- Close visual work on the computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to read, write and communicate 100% of the time via phone, e-mail or in person to internal and external customers.
- Moves frequently about the facility, walking, bending, stooping and reaching.
- Able to remain in a stationary position standing or sitting 50% of the time.
- Exposed to shop elements such as noise, odors and fumes.
location: Monticello, Iowa
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Serves as a positive role model consistent with corporate culture at all times.
- Participates at the initiation phase of new product lines to assist in design for cost-effective manufacturing, building tooling by motion economy principles.
- Develops and designs workplace layout through the use of motion economy principles handling, devices, etc.
- Develops, installs and maintains equitable standards. For most standards, conventional time study / stop watch techniques may be used.
- Measures variances to standards, identifies out-of control variances, investigates reasons, suggests solutions, installs and follows up.
- Keeps abreast of the trend of technology; investigates and installs most effective methods of manufacturing to keep company at competitive edge at all times.
- Keeps tally of the method changes reducing cost of production and strives for budgeted goal.
- Develops management information systems for planning and control purposes.
- Conducts a continuous search of new materials, processes and procedures to enhance and improve product line and process improvement.
- Prepares accurate cost analyses of new equipment and coordinates implementation.
- Represents the company's position and interest effectively in dealings with outside contractors, vendors and engineering consultants.
- Participates in daily production meetings and attends other project meetings assigned.
- Travels to other company facilities as required.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information