Fidelity TalentSource is your destination for discovering your next temporary role at Fidelity Investments.
We are currently sourcing for a Senior Software Engineer to work in Merrimack, New Hampshire or Durham, North Carolina or Westlake, Texas.
The current contact call center platform resides on Genesys but candidates with an SRE background interested in learning the current platform and exploring other solutions for the contact call center platform are encouraged to apply.
The contact call center platform services over 20M clients and processes more than 35M customer interactions per year while operating on a 24x7 basis. This role requires level 3 support of the platform. We like our leaders to have a deep understanding in both technical and business domains.
location: Durham, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 9am to 5pm
The Expertise and Skills You Bring
- You own the outcome by taking personal accountability for delivering strong results
- You can collaborate with others in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- You create clean and testable code that can be used as an example to less experienced engineers
- You question the way things are done, always seeking to improve the productivity of the team
- You can make the sophisticated understandable. Solve sophisticated problems, not just detect them
- You believe automation is key to produce high quality software at an increasingly faster pace
- Passion and intellectually curiosity to learn new technologies and business areas
- Translate architectural standards into application level design
- Creating intuitive solutions to real world business problems
- Excellent facilitation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both through written and verbal channels
- Excellent collaboration skills to work with multiple teams in the organization and understand when and how to raise
- Guiding/developing, communicating and coordinating implementation of high-level and low-level design in compliance to roadmap, architecture and design standards defined by Business Unit
- Working closely with business and technology teams to help increase speed of delivery, improve quality of code, improve production stability and availability
- Collaborating in an autonomous team, owning all aspects of delivery (Coding, Quality, DevSecOps) as well as helping to transform the devops, provisioning, testing and operational capabilities of the platform
- Simplifying the sophisticated through consistency, refactoring and repeatability
- Helping in developing and completing operational stability practices supporting the Associate Experience within the Call Centers and Investment Centers
- Improving monitoring & telemetry of applications, platforms and service interdependences allowing Service Desk and Support teams to be proactive vs reactive
- Helping lead support teams through incident management and crisis management
- Leading end to end sub initiatives
- Supporting and communicating relevant IT governance policies, procedures, and processes
- Minimum five (5) years voice/data experience
- strong leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Expertise with Agile (Scrum, Kanban) delivery and software design, development, test and operational automation
- Proven ability to work independently and professionally in high pressure/visibility situations within tight timeframes
- Understanding of enterprise-scale platform architecture to which includes considerations for high availability and business continuity.
- Familiar with data communication protocols such as Web, telephony, and other protocols: HTTP, SIP, TLS/SSL, TCP/IP, SNMP, LDAP, RDP, SDP
- Familiarity with Docker and container-based development and deployment practices
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines and applying uDeploy and/or Ansible
- Proficiency managing, configuring and tuning Linux operating systems
- Solid understanding of VoIP, SIP and data applications/networking
- Provision new services/technologies, providing cost effective telecommunications systems and technology options/solutions
- Examine customer needs to determine the best telecommunications equipment/service(s) and/or solution(s) to meet their needs
- Softphone software installs, configuration and solving
- System backups and reboots
- Documentation of process and procedures as assigned
- Ability to solve problems, perform dev unit testing/quality assurance, and support user acceptance testing to ensure successful project implementations. Provide the appropriate level of documentation and transition information for project efforts for application support and knowledge sharing as desired by methodology.
- Experience supporting 24/7, continuous availability production environments
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information