Randstad Technologies is looking for an experinced Material Coordinator to join a Fortune 500 Energy Company in the Berlin, CT area.
The ideal candidate for this position is detail oriented, very comfortable working with Excel, able to assit with project managment and a good communicator.
If you are interested, please review the information below and apply today!
location: Berlin, Connecticut
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 29 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
The Material Coordinator reports to the Procurement Category Lead and supports major transmission capital project work by tracking and expediting project materials purchased. Requires ongoing cross-functional collaboration with many different internal organizations including Project Management, Engineering, Planning & Scheduling, Strategic Sourcing, Material Planning and Inventory Management, as well as daily outreach and communication with external vendors.
- Attends project team meetings as necessary and effectively communicates project material status updates
- Tracks lead times for major material with various vendors and in-house engineering, and provides input into the project schedule
- Works with Transmission Engineering and Procurement to ensure that all required materials are ordered
- Coordinates and expedites materials for transmission construction in support of project management, planning and scheduling
- Communicates regularly with vendors and creates/maintains material status reports to provide updates and feedback to the project team
- Utilizes ERP system and available reporting tools to coordinate receipt, storage, release, and replacement of transmission system spare parts and construction materials
- Functions as the primary point of contact with the project team and the field construction representatives
- Participates in disposition of excess materials upon project completion
- Experience level:
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information