- Minimum of 2 years hands-on administrative experience with Cisco networking technologies; including Firewalls, Routers, Switches and Wireless Networks.
- Solid background in managing a Windows server environment.
- A good grasp of networking concepts such as subnetting, VLANs, VPNs, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Cisco Firepower management (i.e. access policies, Anyconnect, device upgrades, troubleshooting)
- M365 security and Azure Active Directory experience a plus.
- Azure Infrastructure administration, as well as on-prem to cloud migrations a plus.
- Hands-on administrative experience with VMWare Technologies a plus.
- Familiarity with SAN Storage Technologies; including Dell-EMC a plus.
- Troubleshooting/Diagnostics of hardware & software.
- An IT service delivery friendly and positive attitude.
- Capable of working independently
- Ability to think on your feet and remain calm in high pressure situations
- network analytical and troubleshooting skills with the capability to handle and own critical issues through to resolution
location: Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
As a Junior Network Engineer on our Technology Services Team, you will be part of exciting projects encompassing on-premises and cloud environments. The role will focus on areas such as network/server infrastructure administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting, as well as security investigations, threat response and on-premises to cloud migrations. The candidate should be highly motivated with a passion for networking and a drive to learn and apply their knowledge to an ever-changing environment.
- Installation, management, and troubleshooting of both on-premise and Azure networking infrastructure
- Perform upgrades of Cisco related software and hardware
- Work closely with the Lead Network Engineer on network design and enhancements
- Monitoring, analyzing and resolving network hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion
- Create and maintain network and systems documentation
- Participate in Azure Cloud Infrastructure migration projects and troubleshooting
- Respond to and investigate threat alerts
- Respond to individual Help Desk requests for IT support issues
- Installing software, patches and rollups to servers
- Maintaining inventory of server and networking equipment
- Availability after hours for critical systems maintenance\issues
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information