Our client in Wisconsin is looking for a Portfolio Solutions Architect (Azure) for a 100% remote contract-to-hire opportunity.
Desired Skill Set:
- Minimum of 5+ years in a architecture role using service and hosting solutions such as private/public cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS platforms.
- Experience in architecting and designing technical solutions for Microsoft-centric solutions based on industry standards using Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS capabilities.
- Knowledge of cloud security controls including tenant isolation, encryption at rest, encryption in transit, key management, vulnerability assessments, application firewalls, SIEM, etc.
- Experience building and supporting critical technology components with DR capabilities
- Experience with multi-tier system and service design and development for large enterprises
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure design including private and public cloud, networking, virtualization, identity, security, and storage
- Azure Integration Services (Logic Apps, API Management, Service Bus & Event Grid) Azure SQL
- Database, SQL Server, SQL Server IaaS, firewalls, Web App proxies, Bash, BGP, Chef, Puppet, OSS Technologies, PowerShell scripting, Terraform, Azure Monitor and Application Insights
- Azure Security and Identity services (e.g., Security Center, Azure Active Directory, RBAC, NSGs / ASGs)
- Azure Networking services (e.g., VNETs, Load Balancers, Front Door, ExpressRoute, Traffic Manager, Content Delivery Network)
- Cloud Automation and Infrastructure as Code (e.g., CloudShell, PowerShell, ARM, Webhook and runbook)
location: Madison, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 85 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Apply in depth knowledge of a product, product line, and business unit. For example, understanding the sales process and why a customer would purchase or not purchase a product, demographics, geographics, marketing strategy, user environment, etc.
- Apply in depth knowledge of project methodology, maintenance requirements and documentation standards in solution design Apply knowledge of all aspects of the system life cycle, from specification, analysis and design, development, testing, and maintenance.
- Evaluate end user needs before designing and testing new solutions to meet those needs. This may involve conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes, analyzing and developing flow charts, models, diagrams and algorithms.
- Apply knowledge of all levels of the technical architecture stack to optimize the performance of the solution to meet the business need.
- Monitor current and future trends in infrastructure security technology and influence product and technology direction
- Assist developers in applying established frameworks appropriately to solution development needs - Anticipate problems with all phases of solutions development, deployment, and usage.
- Understand and participate in the entire solution from ideation and visual design through the SDLC, lifecycle activities such as extending or updating a system, planning retirement of a system.
- Recommend IT team project structure that meets the speed, agility and quality needs of the project - Lead development teams in all phases of the SDLC in highly complex, strategic business projects
- Mentor developers on new frameworks, technologies, techniques, and methods.
- Work with Enterprise Architecture on solution option feasibility analysis to ensure departmental solutions align to enterprise architecture goals
- Share ideas, knowledge and concepts across the organization Research and Strategic
Roadmap Work (25%)
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Create technology feasibility models through research and Proofs of Concept (POC).
- Work with Enterprise Architecture and Sourcing to identify and procure needed licenses for software or hardware required to support evolving technical and business needs
- Partner with IT Owner and business to drive the overall solution portfolio roadmap for the department or business unit
- Identify areas for improvement across the departmental application portfolio and integrations with those systems.
- Apply knowledge of solution total cost of ownership (TCO), extensibility to meet evolving needs, and means to dispose of the solution via clear migration paths, to drive direction for overall solution lifecycle roadmap
- Share ideas, knowledge and concepts across the organization
- Experience level:
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information