Looking for a Storage Engineer/Architect for a permanent role with our client.
This role is for one or our best financial clients with offices in NYC, Southern New Jersey, Southern Maine and South Carolina.
Candidates can work remotely from home but will need to work EST hours. Preference is for location to be located on the east coast with the client's footprint of locations.
location: Mount Laurel, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
About This Role
We are looking for someone armed with a strong tool-kit to develop and maintain technical solutions that adhere to engineering and architectural design principles while meeting business requirements. You'll also provide technical expertise with a focus on efficiency, reliability, scalability, and security includes planning, evaluating, recommending, designing, operationalizing, and supporting solutions in compliance with enterprise and industry standards. We hope you'll be inspired both by the work we do and the people who make it all happen.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here are the essential job functions of this position:
Apply your deep technology expertise to ensure that all areas across the organization that touch various technologies have the necessary tools, processes and documentation they need to operate effectively.
Execute on clients Technology's engineering strategy as it relates to the introduction of tools and the automation of build, test, release and configuration across application, platforms and infrastructure.
Partner with Operations to automatically integrate with appropriate tools and processes as part of automated/self-serve application, platform or Infrastructure releases.
Apply an in-depth understanding of relevant business needs and work with technology partners to identify and leverage synergies across the various areas.
Draw on best practices and your knowledge of internal and external business issues to improve products or services.
Monitor and control costs associated with the work you do.
Be prepared to collaborate with governance and control groups (e.g. regulatory and operational risk, compliance and audit), provide your subject matter expertise and consult on risk issues related to Engineering technology and tools.
Develop and/or contribute to negotiations of third-party contracts/agreements.
Maintain knowledge and understanding of external development, engineering and emerging solutions, market conditions and their impact.
Other duties as assigned - Driving Requirements: - Travel Requirements:
- 7+ years of storage management experience in large enterprises, designing, building and administering storage infrastructure solutions.
- In depth knowledge and experience with the Storage technologies and its upstream/downstream interaction points across multiple platform domains and technology areas on both physical and virtualized environments.
- Experience in developing strategies, roadmaps, and designs for large-scale organizations. Enabling the enterprise the ability for rapid growth and scalable solutions that do not require extensive manual intervention.
- Extensive project experience with SAN storage technologies including solid understanding of virtualization, performance, DR/BCP requirements, and capacity management
- Advanced understanding of Storage Networking concepts, Block storage, Fibre Channel, Cloud storage, data replication, virtualization, and distance extension technologies.
- Experience with hardware and software storage products and solutions, Hitachi Storage, Cisco FC, Dell EMC Storage , and Brocade
- Experience with UNIX and Windows operating systems.
- Proven ability to present complex technical ideas in business friendly language proven technical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to isolate root causes.
- Utilize subject matter expertise to introduce new technologies, or new versions of existing technologies, into the organization.
- Design highly available storage systems that meet clients security and compliance policies required by our bank systems.
- Proven ability to collaborate across a large organization to effectively realize outcomes
- History of making an impact, developing and executing on strategies and delivering superior results in both the short and long term
- Proven ability to leverage deep subject matter expertise to develop and deploy a vision and align others to that vision. Known for providing creative thought leadership while also listening and engaging others to provide input in the shaping of that vision
- Adapt to new different or changing requirements, quickly grasp new concepts, adapt and reflect on lessons learned - comfortable with ambiguity, analyzes and evaluates, defines problem/challenge, identifies alternatives and makes timely decisions
- Exhibits comfort and maintains composure with audiences at all levels, tailors communication style and delivery to different audiences, uses effective listening skills to gain clarification from others.
- Uses knowledge of formal and informal policies and organizational interconnections to effectively navigate boundaries
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
Skills needed for submittals
Overall IT experience- Years
Storage Engineer Experience- Years
Large Enterprise experience- Years
Experience developing Storage Strategy and Roadmaps- Years
Experience with presenting storage solutions- years
Hitachi Storage- Years
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information