The IT Operations Engineer is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of monitors, sensors, and scripts for applications, system software and infrastructure. The role is responsible for enterprise eCommerce and application health monitoring and automation tasks. The engineer is the technical SME for the Splunk product. The position supports the IT Monitoring and Event Management Operations Manager in product lifecycle, roadmap, documentation, deployments (ie: upgrades), incident remediation, product socialization, regular status updates and tool reporting metrics.
location: BELOIT, Wisconsin
job type: Contract
salary: $61 - 67 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Administer the Splunk product. That will include activities such as
- Writing SPL
- Creating Alert, Reports and Dashboards
- Configuration administration for Universal and Heavy Forwarders
- Onboarding of new data sources, parsing and extracting relevant data
- Track and resolve Service Requests and incidents in timely manner
- Collaborate with other internal IT team to help them take advantage of Splunk
- Inform team of new or updated service standards, systems, procedures, forms and manuals through staff meetings and verbal and written communications.
- Quantify and measure performance of current service against previous periods, benchmarks, and KPIs
- Add tasks and update sprint JIRA stories to plan the content of upcoming sprints
- Identify areas of improvements or best practices
- Document processes and operational knowledge base
- Implement needed sensors and instrumentation to systems, service, and application following a hybrid agile sprint-based methodology.
- Complete needed Change Requests to obtain needed change approval and provide visibility to relevant stakeholders
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information