The Release Train Engineer's (RTE) primary purpose is to support Agile Release Trains (ART) by steering them to success and navigating the complexity of delivering software consistently in large environments. The RTE's focus is to deliver value by managing program level processes, execution, and continuous improvement, as well as Release Train Feature Roadmaps and planning.
- Responsible for optimizing the flow of epics/features and the value delivered by an Agile Release Train (ART).
- Will work closely with Solution Train Engineer and data organization.
- Coordinates and facilitates the ART ceremonies, manages dependencies across teams in the ART, and provides visibility into the health of epic/feature delivery and the overall program increment.
- Ensures impediments to epic/feature delivery are resolved quickly and protects the teams from outside disruptions to delivery.
- Assist with resource planning.
- Helps define norms/agreements for the ART and enforces the agreements.
- Coordinates and facilitates ART ceremonies - e.g. Backlog Refinement, Program Increment (PI) Planning, ART Sync (or PO Sync, Scrum of Scrums), System Demos, Inspect and Adapt.
- In collaboration with the PM, ensures the program has a healthy product/program backlog.
- Facilitates dependency management/risk management/impediment removal for the ART.
- Promotes/facilitates communication and collaboration within the ART to support value delivery and PI commitments.
- Responsible for providing status updates and reporting pertaining to ART plans/delivery/timelines/impediments to stakeholders and leadership.
- Ensures Enterprise Change Management and other policy requirements for technology solutions are met for the epics/features delivered by the ART.
- Measures ART delivery, maturity, and performance and reviews the metrics with the ART to identify improvement opportunities.
- Works with Agile coach and Agile champion to improve agile maturity.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Facilitates Rolling Wave and Pre- and Post- PI Planning
- Facilitates PI planning events
- Facilitates PI planning readiness, Vision, backlogs, and facilities
- Facilitates PO Sync and Scrum of Scrums (or ART Sync)
- Helps manage risk, dependencies and escalates impediments
- Maintains proper communication with all the technical and non-technical teams involved
- Participates in enterprise program management improvement and standardization activities
- Provides input on resourcing to address critical bottlenecks
- Reports status and recommendations to Release Management
- Responsible for program planning, demo, inspection and adaption, synchronization, release planning and improvement planning
- Work with execution team and tracking team to record risks, reports, and metrics
- Skilled using JIRA, Confluence, and other supporting tools.
- Aggregates team objectives into Program PI Objectives, creates and publishes roadmap for visibility and transparency
- Assists with program execution and PI feature completion tracking
- Constantly inspects the SAFe process, discover, and address the major concerns
- Drives program-level continuous improvement via Retrospectives, Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Encourages team and program level Quality Practices and Communities of Practice around SAFe, Scrum, and Agile program management
- Establishes the annual calendars for Sprints, Program Increments, and all other Agile and SAFe artifacts
- Exemplifies Servant Leadership by example and coaches' others in achieving it
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information