The Advanced Research Computing (ARC) section develops and operates a dynamic computing environment optimized for economic research, analysis, and measurement, and made available to staff across the economics divisions. ARC resides in the Division of Research and Statistics (R&S). ARC supports roughly 850 staff, including 650 economists engaged in monetary policy and independent research efforts. ARC's mission is to ensure that the Board's computing environment enhances our ability to attract and retain talented professionals. This requires a strong partnership, fostered by the ARC chief, with the Division of Information Technology (IT). IT provides endpoint, data center, and software development services to other lines of business, as well as core enterprise services relied upon by ARC. Today ARC and IT together provide an environment concentrated on?premises in the data centers. In the coming years, this partnership will help incorporate the best features of cloud computing.
ARC is seeking a Mid-Level Information Systems Specialist to support a VMWare virtualization infrastructure that supports the research community computing infrastructure. The Mid-Level Information Systems Specialist will also ensure effective capacity utilization and alert management.
location: Washington, Washington, D.C.
job type: Contract
salary: $28 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Virtualization System Administration
- Manage day-to-day operations on virtualization infrastructure located in multiple locations.
- Build ESXi hosts to established standards and create new policy templates.
- Manage the migration of guests to the platform through:
- V2V (Hyper-V)
- Inter Cluster migrations (on vSphere V7)
- Respond to system alerts and event generated by:
- VRealize Operations Manager
- Analyze capacity and operations management reports and create change requests to optimize system utilization.
- Migrate guests to cloud solutions.
- Manage Rancher Kubernetes clusters.
- In conjunction with the Network team, ensure efficient virtual networking configurations are created.
- In conjunction with the Storage team, ensure efficient use of NetApp storage resources.
- Maintain overall industry knowledge on latest trends, technology, etc.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information