- We are looking for a DevOps Engineer to support cloud deployments. This role requires a self-starter who is adept at solving problems, is a collaborative teammate and an effective communicator at all levels within an organization.
- We prefer you to have a 4-year degree and have senior-level experience. To us, that means at least 3-5 years in a professional DevOps role. We believe you will be successful if you are capable of organizing and running projects from start to finish. You should be able to identify and complete tasks with minimal direction or supervision.
- 4 year degree preferred.
- 3-5 years Dev Ops experience required with preferred experience in a senior reporting role.
- Experience with AWS is required, other cloud providers are a nice bonus.
- A good Linux or Unix background.
- Complete focus on security and mitigating risk through technology.
- Experience working with automation tools such as Puppet, Terraform, CHEF, or Ansible.
- Prior work with Kubernetes, Helm, Docker, PostGres, MySQL, Redis, ElasticSearch, microservices, message queues and related technologies will be very helpful.
- Working knowledge of some form of CI/CD (Jenkins, TravisCI, CircleCI, AppVeyor, etc) is required.
- Know Git or some other version control and have experience in an Agile environment.
- You should demonstrate a fundamental understanding of modern platform technologies and industry standard methodologies.
- Experience in financial services a plus, but not required.
- For CI/CD, prefer Concourse familiarity.
location: Reston, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $63 - 73 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Collaborate with Software Development teams, Product Managers, and Business Owners to ensure smooth deployment and operation of systems.
- Build CI/CD pipeline configurations to orchestrate provisioning and deployment of both large and small-scale systems.
- Automate tools to monitor system health and reliability to support business process requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test, and production environments.
- Communicate status and risks to the product teams.
- Help automate and streamline operations and processes.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information