The BI Engineer (Tableau) will report to the engineering supervisor, partners with data and software engineers, analysts, business stakeholders and Enterprise Analytics leadership. This individual must exhibit strong data visualization skills and carry a ux/design mindset, with experience delivering solutions in Tableau that are used by large and varied audiences.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $61 - 67 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Development of dashboards, data visualizations and reports.
- Creation and maintenance of wireframes and other tools to drive the design process.
- Identifies and presents suggestions for data presentation based on stakeholder need and data analysis.
- Production of highly performant SQL queries as needed for solutions.
- Ability to tune and produce highly scalable Tableau assets. Understands Tableau internals and processes. Has awareness of bottlenecks and/or opportunities in the product.
- Performs Tableau dashboard load testing as needed, using TabJolt or alternative.
- Collaborates with and informs Tableau Administrator of solution needs and system impacts.
- Researches and leverages new features in tools available to them.
- Train and/or advise others on new features and solutions in Tableau.
- Follows established design guides and templates. Makes recommendations for modification to leadership.
- Actively participates in events and/or ceremonies as needed to obtain objective/scope.
- Advocates and evangelizes product/feature value.
- Keep stakeholder(s) and team engaged with consistent and incremental delivery.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information