- We are one of the largest electric power holding companies in the United States, providing electricity to 7.7 million retail customers in six states. We have approximately 51,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity in the Carolinas, the Midwest and Florida - and natural gas distribution services serving more than 1.6 million customers in Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee and the Carolinas.
- We are transforming our customers' experience, modernizing our energy grid, generating cleaner energy and expanding our natural gas infrastructure to create a smarter energy future for our customers.
- As part of the Digital Transformation organization, you will be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, energetic, and high performing team helping to design cloud native applications and services to enhance the Customer experience. This group is nimble and creative and will shape our technology roadmap. You will be focused on developing well-designed, efficient code that adheres to the latest industry standards and assist in coding, testing, and debugging new software or making enhancements to existing software for customers. You will be working with designers, developers, and product owners in a small team setting to integrate software components into fully functional software systems spanning multiple business areas.
- The Digital Transformation team is located at the client Innovation Center at Optimist Hall with product teams delivering a wide-range of leading edge solutions.
- Senior Angular and AWS Software Engineers are primarily responsible for designing highly complex solutions then building and overseeing the execution of those designs.
- Senior Software Engineer must possess:
- Excellent Angular 2+ years experience is required
- Some AWS java cloud-native development experience (i.e. full-stack development) is preferred
- A breadth of experience building software solutions (through a good mix of independent research/projects and industry expertise).
- 5-7 years' previous experience in software development. (Either 7 years of experience specifically in software development or five years of experience in software development in combination with 2 years alternative experience in a related field). Ideally has a portfolio of work - code samples, etc.
- Significant familiarity and comfort in using IDEs. Knows short-cuts and frequents operations that speeds up development time.
- Deep and solid understanding of APIs. Have been involved in designing/building/implementing/consuming APIs.
- Familiarity with several frameworks. Resulting code is concise and easy-to-follow.
- Experience with automation and optimization. Looks for ways to create repeatable patterns that increase the efficiency of the team.
- Experience and ability to manage and optimize databases.
- Understanding of functional programming and how to apply functional concepts in any language. Quick to picking up a new language or adopting a more recent version of a language.
- Familiarity and able to comfortably work with multiple platforms.
- Experience turning complex ideas into user stories. From that, can turn user stories into workable solutions, providing estimates to complete that work, and breaking down complex work into smaller components.
- Previous experience collaborating on a cross-functional team.
- Deep understanding of development cycle.
- Ability to debug and avoid future problems by building more robust solutions.
- Ability to look at previous personal or team experience and use this to analyze mistakes/successes, draw conclusions, and design future solutions. Resulting solutions have few bugs and quick remediation times.
- Experience building solutions with the larger team in mind. Solutions have the goal of improving software engineering at the team level.
- Experience with teaching and mentoring team members at various levels.
- A deep and solid understanding of cyber security principles such as authentication, authorization and encryption. Ability to leverage and recommend common security libraries applicable to their language stack and solid experience with secure programming best practices. Knowledgeable of common attack vectors, such as SQL injection, Denial of Service (DoS), Cross-Site Scripting, etc. and methods to limit exposure. Quick to identify and remediate potential security vulnerabilities.
- Experience working with one or more CI/CD stacks and associated best practices. Ability to setup CI/CD for new products with no guidance. Recommends and implements modifications to CI/CD processes when continuous improvement opportunities are identified.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $70 - 80 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design and build highly complex software solutions (specifically Angular 2+ years of experience and one year of experience with AWS serverless development)
- Program well-designed, efficient code (specifically Angular) independently.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and product owners to build solutions.
- Clearly communicate team wide progress and identify blocking processes/patterns that hold a team back.
- Participate in paired programming and code reviews with juniors to expand the team's collective knowledge and understanding of software engineering.
- Complete independent research to refine best practices and present work to peers.
- Turn complex ideas into manageable pieces of work to complete as part of a product team.
- Coach and mentor software developers.
- Provide technical guidance to leadership so that solutions are built with innovation and sustainability in mind.
- Learn the business drivers of a product and help drive the technical direction of a product to fulfill the desired vision.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status. At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information