Our client is a well-known Health System in New York and they are looking for a Lead Platform Engineer to join their growing team on a full-time basis! The Lead Platform Engineer will be brought on to develop and maintain on-premise and cloud big data infrastructure. You will Architect and develop big data infrastructure using proprietary and open-source technologies such as Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, MongoDB, and Splunk. You will architect and develop continuous deployment pipeline using technologies like Docker, Container, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Azure DevOps. Within the role you will be working on maintenance of Azure and On-premise infrastructure, maintenance of the prod machine learning application and multiple data science pipelines, and mitigating the impact of the network, infrastructure, and application outages. Lastly, you will provide technical and engineering support for the Linux server's administration, access controls for users, and management and administration of Microsoft Azure cloud. This position brings excellent opportunities for growth and exposure within all levels of the organization. Develop great business relationships throughout the company footprint! Are you the next Lead Platform Engineer? Reach out today with your updated resume for immediate consideration!
location: New York, New York
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
The Lead Platform Engineer will work on developing and maintaining on-premise and cloud big data infrastructure.
- Architect and develop big data infrastructure using proprietary and open-source technologies such as Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, MongoDB, and Splunk.
- Architect and develop continuous deployment pipeline using technologies like, Docker Container, Kubernetes, Jenkins, and Azure DevOps.
- Work on maintenance of Azure and On-premise infrastructure
- Work on maintenance of prod machine learning application and multiples data science pipelines
- Provide technical and engineering support for Linux servers administration, access controls for users, and management and administration of Microsoft Azure cloud.
- Mitigate the impact of the network, infrastructure, and application outages
- Develop and implement infrastructure monitoring and de-bugging solution using Splunk, Plotly and Nagios.
- Create weekly reports regarding the health of infrastructure and machine learning apps
- Lead identifying bottlenecks and bugs, and devising solutions to these problems
- Documentation of solutions (e.g. architecture, configuration)
- Provide effective knowledge transfer to the data engineers and data scientists to ensure an appropriate level of future self-sufficiency
- Provide mentorship for junior platform engineers
- Develop the infrastructure architecture strategies, standards, target architectures, and roadmaps
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.