Randstad Federal is seeking a Network Engineer with F5 experience.
location: Sterling, Virginia
job type: Contract
salary: $65 - 75 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Contributor in research, analysis, planning, and engineering.
- Contributor in collaboration with other Engineers, IT Architects, vendors, and clients to ensure that modified network hardware and software technology components interact appropriately. Ensuring production environments are developed, maintained and that other areas of impact are addressed while meeting business functional and performance requirements.
- Contribute in efforts to analyze, plan, coordinate, and execute network lifecycle projects.
- Participate in the planning, management, and execution of complex network system changes in support of customer requests.
- Participate in efforts to test, debug, and analyze performance, and document network hardware and software technology components.
- Participate in efforts to implement network hardware and software technology components by analyzing the current environment using technical tools and utilities, performing complex product customization, and developing implementation and verification procedures to ensure successful installation of network hardware/software.
Under general direction, the Network Engineer - Senior shall manage the purchase, installation, and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN systems. He/she shall be responsible for evaluating current systems and shall work on complex problems where analysis of the situation requires in-depth evaluation of various factors. He/she shall plan large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies and provide work leadership and training to lower level network engineers. He/she shall provide oversight over detailed operational and maintenance, to include engineering planning diagrams depicting end-to-end infrastructure devices, as well as communication flows throughout the network environment. This shall include, but not be limited to, servers, SANS, routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, and security devices.
- F5 Certifications a plus.
- Cloud Service integration a plus.
- Must have expert knowledge of LAN/WAN systems, networks, and applications.
- A BS/BA in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline is required.
- At minimum of eight (8) years' experience with emphasis on computer network systems.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.