Join our client's dynamic and innovative team of Data Management professionals who specialize in designing and delivering solutions to enable big data analytics which support the growth and performance of their inflight connected experience. Our client is connecting the world and transforming the satellite and inflight connectivity landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. They are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Utilizes a rigorous design methodology that consistently yields the right level of technical design documentation and develops technical solutions that conform both to customer requirements and information development standards.
- Curious and passionate about building value-creating and innovative data solutions.
- Uses a vast amount of programming tools to design new data solutions to ingest and integrate data into Unified Data Platform.
- Understands various requirement gathering and specification methodologies and can recommend one appropriate to a project.
- Be a thought leader in the Agile team to collaborate and to help shape requirements and development.
- Designing, Implementing, and supporting a platform that can provide access to large datasets.
- Works as equals with Data Engineers, Quality Engineers, BI Developers and Business Analysts to establish optimal design/development/delivery which properly serves technical teams and our user community. Identifies risks, tradeoffs, and investment decisions to facilitate best practices.
- Problem-solving skills with acute attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines and project plans.
- Design and develop complex, large scale data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data to generate insights and address analytical/reporting needs
- Design standards and best practices into new data engineering solutions.
- Proactively identify performance and data quality problems and drive to remediate them.
- Manage code versions and deployment process in source control and coordinate changes across team.
- Partner with Product Management and Operation teams to proactively identify monitoring gaps and improving upstream data collection and advocating for data driven thinking.
- Assist in running code reviews, guide team to follow standards, supporting team members in brainstorming and challenging designs.
- Solve and help other team members complex data issues around data integration of structured and unstructured sets other data processing incidents.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related technology.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant data processing experience; 4+ years utilizing cloud-based services.
- Experience with large scale data lake and data warehouse implementations in cloud environments.
- Significant experience with programming languages Scala, Python, Java and Spark.
- Technical proficiency including RDBMS, DBMS, AWS, cloud computing, NoSQL, Apache Accumulo, Hadoop technologies (Hive, Pig).
- Expertise building data lakes and data warehouses in AWS using a variety of cloud services including EMR, EC2, S3, Kinesis, Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, Glue, Athena, Redshift.
- Experience with web services, API Integration and Data streaming.
- Experience with Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery (Jenkins)
- Experience in data analysis and writing and developing complex queries using SQL.
- Experience in Agile methodologies (Kanban and SCRUM).
- Ability to work autonomously and with small cross-functional teams.
- Communication skills including technical documentation, development and delivery of demonstrations and presentations and the ability to listen and communicate effectively with functional leaders.
- Master's in computer science, Engineering, or Information Systems
- Experience with Metadata management and Data Governance.
- Experience with Tableau, Power BI or similar data visualization tools
- Experience in airline / aviation, internet, or telecommunications
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 6 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.