We have a Premier client in Texas looking to bring on a NOC Analyst for a full-time opportunity.
The primary responsibility is to ensure the successful and reliable operation of the network. This position supports Network Operations Center core competencies including but not limited to surveillance, maintenance, troubleshooting, incident management, change management, provisioning, backups, upgrades, SLAs, and documentation. Requirements of the job include day/evening/night shift work and participation in an on-call rotation for 24x7 coverage. Additional responsibilities include frequent interactions with Network Engineering to develop, test and implement new features and systems in support of future growth opportunities.
location: New Braunfels, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $57,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Surveillance - Constant proactive surveillance of the network using a variety of monitoring systems. Respond quickly to alarms and proactively identify potential issues before they result in a negative customer experience.
- Maintenance - Perform routine maintenance on all network systems to maximize network performance and reliability.
- Troubleshooting - Troubleshoot and resolve network issues and provide 1st level support for Special Circuit, Carrier, Enterprise and Wholesale trouble reports. Also serve as an escalation point for other departments including Service Center & I&R. Troubleshoot chronic / repeat issues as needed.
- Incident Management - End-to-end ownership of network outages from identifying root cause to fixing the problem. Provide well-documented outage tickets and broadcast notifications internally.
- Change Management - Plan, submit and execute on planned network changes using the approved process and CM system. Maximize the customer experience during necessary change management activities.
- Provisioning - Able to troubleshoot provisioning issues/fallout where applicable, but also must be able to provision systems manually when required.
- Backups - Perform regular network backups of all systems and be able to restore from backup if required in an outage situation.
- Upgrades - Execute software/firmware upgrades to keep all network systems current and protected from security threats.
- SLAs - Manage to service level agreements (SLAs) and triage issues/outages accordingly. Perform SLA management as both the customer and the provider.
- Documentation - Create and update documentation critical to the operation of the network. Seek out process improvements and document accordingly.
- Cable Broadband - DOCSIS 2 / DOCSIS 3
- DSL - ADSL/ADSL2+, VDSL, Reach DSL
- FTTH - GPON, NGPON2, Active Ethernet
- Video - RF video, multicast video, and general Head End operations
- Voice - Metaswitch, Hosted PBX, MGCP, SIP, Routing & Translations
- Transport - CWDM, DWDM, Special Circuits (Fractional T1 thru 100Gbps)
- IP - Core Network Routing, MPLS, DHCP IP Pools, Static IPs, Ethernet Cellular Backhaul, Y1731 SLA metrics, Ethernet Private Line (EPL), Ethernet Virtual Private Line (EVPL), and Ethernet Local Area Network (ELAN), Dedicated Internet (DIA)
- Servers - Hypervisors, SAN, VMWare, RedHat, Ubuntu, DNS, DHCP, SysLog
- CPE - Routers, Switches, Cable Modems, DSL Modems, Gateways, Wi-Fi, Mesh
- Tools & Systems - Various EMS/NMS, SNMP Monitoring, NetFlow
- Responds to trouble ticket escalations and special requests from other departments including Service Center and I&R
- Dispatches both I&R and CO technicians when needed
- Uses excellent communications skills to receive and document detailed information across multiple shifts around the clock
- Able to work evening and overnight shifts for both short-term and long-term assignments
- Responds to the needs of a 24x7x365 operation including regular on-call requirements
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
At Randstad, we welcome people of all abilities and want to ensure that our hiring and interview process meets the needs of all applicants. If you require a reasonable accommodation to make your application or interview experience a great one, please contact HRsupport@randstadusa.com.
Pay offered to a successful candidate will be based on several factors including the candidate's education, work experience, work location, specific job duties, certifications, etc. In addition, Randstad offers a comprehensive benefits package, including health, an incentive and recognition program, and 401K contribution (all benefits are based on eligibility).
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.